Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Release....

Question... (trying not to sound too much like Dwight Shrute):

I am putting together a softball publication. I have a lot of photographs that I took around the parks with other people in the shot. Some are of crowds and stands intentionally to add to the publication.

My question is do I need to get a model release for everyone in the image or what? I know there are some experts out there that can help...thanks in advance...and I know, no one here is an attorney and cannot offer legal advice....
    "A man with no imagination has no wings." - ALI

Question... (trying not to sound too much like Dwight Shrute):
    I read the whole thing like Dwight was doing the talking. haha

One thing wrong....should have been phrased....

I am putting together a softball publication. I have a lot of photographs that I took around the parks with other people in the shot. Some are of crowds and stands intentionally to add to the publication.

QUESTION...DO I need to get a model release for everyone in the image or what? I know there are some experts out there that can help...thanks in advance...and I know, no one here is an attorney and cannot offer legal advice....

Not sure about the actual answer to the question though.We hired models.
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

lol...well..thanks for the laugh though...but no thanks for not answering the posed question...lol....

Comment

I believe you need one for anyone who is recognisible in the photo, but I may be wrong.
        Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

We do sports catalogues but as I said we use models.
          I wouldnt mind knowing for sure either. For a publication, I don't think you need permission (if you do I broke alot of laws in the past). But I don't know for sure.
          For a catalogue I think you do regardless of wether their face is in it or not. I think it has something to do on wether you are selling a product or its a photo for a story. I have no basis for that except pulling from my own experience, so I could be totally off base.

Again...I am no help.
          Last edited by Danger_Mouse; 05-15-2007, 08:55 PM.

Comment

http://www.totse.com/en/law/justice_...ean191558.html

blog/portfolio

Comment

great link.

Comment

You might find your answer here:

http://www.danheller.com/model-release.html

-Steve

Comment

Great article...
                  So, by reading that as long as it is a PUBLIC EVENT which all of the tournaments are...and all of the shots are of a public nature, (people in a crowd) and will only be used as editorial means not not commercial resale, then I am able to use the photo's without a release.

Thanks for the information and link...very handy.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X