Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio Advice

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of updating my portfolio and was after some advice on the best format to use. A friend of mine told me about a company that can use images of my print work to construct a hard back book A4 in size which I thought would look quite professional. They normally offer the service to people who want to put together a photo album and allow the customer to create their own layout for each spread.

I was going to supply them with jpegs for each page so they can put together a book with details on each project accompanying a picture of what was produced. I will take printed copies of certain projects as well so any interviewer can actually handle what I have worked on.

Or should I go down the traditional route and display my work in a black leather portfolio case with plastic sleeves?

Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Cheers
    Dan

One of the downfalls of the printed book idea is that you won't be able to interchange your pieces. Alot of people will have portfolio pieces mounted and for each interview put certain pieces into their portfolio case to better suit the type of interview.

Comment

Yep I agree the book idea does have a lot of limitations, I think I will mount my work onto board and put the boards loose in my portfolio instead of in the plastic sleeves. Unless anyone else has an effective alternative?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X