Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subliminal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQjr...d%2Ecom%2Fblog

You have to watch this to the end to appreciate the experiment.

Wow! That's really amazing! It's real interesting how much went into the experiment to achieve those results.
    Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

That IS pretty amazing. Scarey even.
      "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

I'm not buying much of what Derren Brown comes up with. I saw this show back in the UK when it came out several years ago and one of the stunts he pulled just reeked of a cheat. He was "reading someone's mind" and drawing what he saw, but was actually just drawing the reflection in thier glasses (and at the end they commented, oh how strange I have drawn the mirror image of the scene). He did a big russian roulette stunt a few years back too.
        at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

he IS an illusionist... a lot of his stuff could be labelled as a 'trick' but it has a basis in fact...
          The beginning is always today.

Comment

but he does admit that it's all a trick and he often explains his methods (but obviously keeps one or two secrets to himself!)

eg in the advertising video (above), he explains about the subliminal messages he planted so the guys in the taxi would see them.
            Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

That's crazy!!
              Tricia Lynn

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Thats pretty weird lol.

Comment

I guess I wasn't very eloquent explaining my problem with Mr Brown, but I just did a little search and came across this guy, who basically sums up the issues I have with Derren Brown's performances nicely...

http://www.simonsingh.net/Derren_Brown_Article.html

That saved me a lot of typing
                  at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Even if he is a foney or a fake, I still find things like this to be rather interesting. The human mind is a powerful tool and I love try and understand why we do what we do....

Very cool link...
                    Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X