X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .ai in finder

I'm trying to remember if there is a way that you can see .ai previews in "Finder." The computers here are too slow to use the file browser in Photoshop, and we don't have adobe bridge on these computers.
    I know there is some way to do it, but my searching abilities are failing me right now.
    Former GD. Current Photographer
    http://ascottmccauley.com/

i've always been able to preview AI files in finder, i didn't know there was a way to turn it off... hmmm
    www.standercreative.com

Comment

I meant some way to see thumbnails. Not through the "chain finder" or whatever that third view is called.

Comment

ohhh... that i'm not sure...
        www.standercreative.com

Comment

I haven't been able to get it to work, although oddly, when I search in a finder window for files containing .ai, it shows a thumbnail preview in the search results.
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

^ same here.

Could someone please figure ths out? I don't want to buy one of those macs for dummies books...
            Chuck Norris could have found the WMDs

Comment

Illustrator doesn't save a preview image as part of the .ai files, as far as I can tell. In the places where you can see a preview, it's being generated from the actual file data using preview app. That's quite slow, so Finder doesn't do it.

If file previews are important to you, use Bridge. It will generate a preview of nearly anything.

Comment

thanks hewligan...now I can actually say that I learned something new today!
                Chuck Norris could have found the WMDs

Comment

Crud, I just assumed that is was do-able since Windows can do it. Oh Well, I don't much care about my work any more since they gave me a 1% raise !

Comment

Wow a whole one percent. That sucks. If you work real hard you might have enough extra every payday to buy a gallon of gas.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X