Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new book version

Hi, This book " the creative business guide to running a graphic design business" is very good book.

But when I got the first one, it was the 2002 issue, now the 2004 is the one I found, but I am confused, at the beginning of the book it says "that much of the material appearing here was published in the previous version".

But here is the problem, I don't know what is new here, what do you do in my case, by the way it is a library book.

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hmm....
      Personally, I think a 2004 book is 3 years out of date...

Comment

you could check them BOTH out of the library and compare them page by page... I think that's the only way to be sure.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I guess the simple way of doing this is to scan each page.
          In Photoshop, make each page a new document and 2002 as 1 layer and 2004 is the other layer. Set the top layer to multiply. You should be able to see where the differences are immediately.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

"Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
              I guess the simple way of doing this is to scan each page.
              In Photoshop, make each page a new document and 2002 as 1 layer and 2004 is the other layer. Set the top layer to multiply. You should be able to see where the differences are immediately.
              Buda I love your idea, wow

Comment

Glad you could see it my way

Comment

Eh what?
                  Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                  - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

"Form feet and legs..."
                    "Form arms and body..."
                    "And I'll form the Head"

Thats about all i know
                    Tapp-d
                    "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

You could weigh them. Then if the newer one weighed one ounce more you would know that there was at least an ounce of new good stuff in there.

Comment

Kool your so cool, that is a great idea, I will do it after scanning each page like recommendation buda gave.

Comment

Am I tripping on acid?

I knew I shouldn't have bought those postage stamps from that guy on 3rd street!
                          Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

My best advice is to get the most recent version of a book. Many books are released in revised editions that have slight changes. Since you don't plan to purchase these books, just check out the most recent one from the library. Your local librian may also have the ability to search in catalogs in nearby libraries, and could have a book sent to your library. Ask them for advice on doing that.

As for the laying the pages on top of each other, I think Buda said that somewhat toung-in-cheek. If the new edition changes fonts or adds one photo, each page won't remain identical.

For the most part, nothing changes THAT much when a book comes out with a new edition within 2 years. If its really an issue, just find a newer book. Many have been published in 2005, 2006, and 2007 that probably have even more current information.
                            Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

I'd wait for the 2012 version ...
                              __________________________________________________
                              I like to beat up pacifists, because they don't fight back ...

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X