Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    KitchWitch
    Hi Yehoshua and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:19 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    KitchWitch
    I always try and find the best solution, not the best price. So if the best solution is less expensive than another, bonus for the client. It comes back around. My mom just had a bunch of papers drawn...
    Today, 02:17 PM
  • iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    The mac mini with 16gb is $700 new online. The monitor I want is a 27" at $250 (already have a 24" cinema display I would use a second monitor). The smallest, 21.5" imac with 16gb is $1500...so...
    Today, 02:13 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Comment on My First Design Assignment.
    KitchWitch
    The forum is psychotically insane, Krazy. Lots of things don't work and some just don't work well. The best way to post an image (that I've found) is to upload it to an image hosting site (I use Photobucket),...
    Today, 02:02 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    seamas
    I really don't get minimalism here. I mean you don't have much going on, but instead of a minimal approach you tried to make it interesting --and it isn't working.

Minimalism is as much about...
    Today, 02:02 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coreldraw line work

if i draw a shape in line work, circles (1/2 or 1/4 etc...) then how can i fill the color in this shape ?

You must make sure that your ends are joined. then just click the swatch on the color tool bar. If you want a custom color double click the color box that is usually located in the lower right of the screen (with the object selected).

Comment

how can i joined ends like this image i use 2 circles and 5 lines, what is the simple way ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Make sure that they are converted to curves, then select all that you want to joing and at the top of the screen select weld. Then use your white arrow to find any unwanted nodes and delete. Also if you weld and you end up with an odd shaped object you can right click and "join" - then use the right arrow to adjust as needed.

Instead of using the line width, use the outline tool and don't forget to break apart the outline if this is going to be scaled in any way.

Comment

You may find this reference tutorial, that I did a few months back, helpful.

http://pownuke.com/corel/corel_tutorial.pdf

Comment

but its imposible to join nodes one by one manually specialy in big shape its very difficult some times 100s or 1000s node in a big shape, how can i join automatic or any other simple way ?
            Attached Files

Comment

Even in a big shape there should be as little nodes as possible.
              You can delete the extra nodes and have a smoother line than a shape with a thousand nodes.

Using your node select tool, you can drag a box around many nodes that you want to delete. Then just use the node tool again to corect the line. Many times I'll duplicate my shape, place it underneath and turn it a light gray. Then the top object that I'm working with will have a guide to go back to as I manipulate the nodes.

practice is the only way to learn these shortcuts.

Also if your two objects didn't overlap when you welded, create an object (circle or rectagle) over the two ends and weld them, then just correct the nodes as needed.

Comment

when i delete a node the complete line is delete ?

Comment

As you see in the picture below, select the node tool. Click on the node that you want to delete, then hit delete on the keyboard.

The node once clicked should have turned into a larger black square compaired to the others and the handles should appear.

Holding down the shift key and clicking on multiple nodes with the node tool will select them, as well as if you use the node tool to draw a box around the nodes you want to delete.

Remember that the node(s) must be a black box to be selected, else you may delete the entire path.

Comment

>>You must make sure that your ends are joined.<<

Unless you have 'Fill Open Curves' selected in Options/General.

With the Shape tool, select all or only the node range you want affected. On the Property bar at the top there should be on the far right, a drop-down sider box which sets the curve 'smoothness'. Slide this to see which nodes get dropped.

There's also an 'auto-reduce' mode with the eraser bar that you could use to reduce-- rather, you used to be able to reduce. But that only worked in earlier version and not at all (plus very flaky) in the version I have CD12.

I do have a nice 'smoothing' macro that I've added as a button to my toolbar though that works quite nicely. I found it on Oberonplace.com-- actually it was just a few lines of code in the scripting forum discussion there.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X