X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantone ColorKill contest

Come on. Designers have to be more creative than this.
    If I'd done the xmas tree, it would have gone up in flames afterward...
    Got any old books to kill?
    http://www.pantone.com/pages/ptv/ptv_colorkill.aspx

The rattiest pantone book, I have. But to destroy it I can not.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Wow, she had her kid put the pages through a paper shredder. That's really hardcore extreme, man.

Give me some gasoline, gunpowder, agent orange, vodka, circus midgets, a film reel of Norbit and a match and I'll give you a creative entry.
      Last edited by Patrick Shannon; 05-21-2007, 09:51 PM.

Comment

I have some really old chipbooks that I considered doing damage to. But don't know if that qualifies. They aren't coated fandecks. In fact I have two old sets.
        Hyatts is having a sale on new ones. Just got mine in.

Comment

I have a set at work from 96. I want to go Office Space on it...you know, take it out to a field and kick the crap out of it!
          Chuck Norris could have found the WMDs

Comment

Originally posted by Lula
            I have a set at work from 96. I want to go Office Space on it...you know, take it out to a field and kick the crap out of it!
            If you do that with a couple of freinds, video it and edit it well I bet you will win!
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

I'd like to see one blow up.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

...or see one used as target practice. That could be cool...

Comment

Taking to them with a samurai sword could be cool. A bit like the shredder thing, really, only less naff.

Comment

Hey Hewligan. I'm sure if we had enough time and spare cash for components, we could find a way to get one into orbit.
                    at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Well, orbit's hard, but you could get them pretty high up with some fairly low cost components.

Of course, your local aviation regulatory body may have some objections.

Comment

Slow motion .... the bullet passes through each tile of the palette ... mmmm yeah!!!

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

It wouldn't be as fun as the DIY approach, but I think it only costs $495 to have your ashes shot into space like they did with Scotty from Star Trek.

Here are the remains of my dear old friend, P. Antone.

Comment

Having not been in the industry for very long or at all for that matter, whats so special about these pantone books? And I must add, but using a paper shredder? How is that creative or originial at all?
                            Last edited by Lampshade; 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I think the thing about these books is it's just paper, needs replacing more often than gets replaced because they are very expensive and no designer should live without one.

They are like the bible.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X