Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Roth
    Comment on Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    If you're saying, should I have a different or same W in the name to the logo? - again it's if you can make it work. Having the same - the plus is, it can tie the two together, the minus is if it doesn't...
    Today, 12:39 AM
  • Blyq
    New Here
    Blyq
    Hey guys, my name is Blyq and I joined this forum because I do a bit of graphic design sometimes (I taught myself what little I know) and I am thinking about possibly pursuing a career in this field because...
    Today, 12:25 AM
  • Lucifer
    Comment on Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    Lucifer
    Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother asking for opinions then? Print is right. If you want to make money off your pictures, buy a good camera.
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Momoshy
    Abarth, you can do pretty much everything with smart use of gradients and transparencies.

Even if you dont plan to print anything big in a inmidiate future, is best to do as the guys above...
    Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Should I charge more than $29 for this sidewalk sign?
    Cosmo
    I don't know about pricing, but let me ask this:

Is that the exact sign you are selling? Or are you offering custom signs in that style? If you are selling just that particular sign, you...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need dissolve effect in Illustrator

I mustreproduce this orange dotted effect in Illy. I made the effect using Outer Glow in Photoshop and printer wants the text and effect in vector. I've tried making new brushes to no avail. Anyway to do this? I tried applying a shadow but there is no dissolve option. Need help promptly, please. Thanks in advance!

I should have added I'm using CS. And I tried the Outer Glow on Illy but it is a blur.

Comment

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=26245

Comment

Thank you, hewligan!! This will definitely put me close to where I need to be. Much appreciated!! I'm actually playing around with the pixelate effect options and coming close as well. Might use both methods to achieve the look. Again, THANK YOU!

Comment

Well, the halftone didn't create a close enough effect. I came up with this:

I gave the text a heavy, rounded stroke, removed the fill, outlined the text.
          Then applied the Mezzotint filter (under Pixelate Effect), selecting "fine dots."
          Changed the color to what I wanted and played with the color under Adjust Colors in Filters.

If anyone knows how to make these dots one color, that would be gravy...

Comment

Hmm... How about taking it from PS, minus the background, stick it into Illy and then use Live Trace to turn as much as possible into vectors?

Comment

Thanks, Deimodius, btu live trace did some hideous things to all the dots!

Comment

As far as I know, making a brush/pattern and being careful about how you use it is probably the most practical method you can use to achieve the effect. You might try subtractions also, if you're going for a transparency in the holes.
                Creativity is taking what is and bringing in what isn't.

Comment

Hmmm... Looking at the pattern you've managed to create using halftone in Illy, Firebuff, I would guess that you could select it all, expand appearence (under Object menu), select one of the yellow dots, then use Select => Same => Fill & Stroke, to select all the yellow dots, and hit BACKSPACE to delete them all.

I've never done it, but logically, this should work.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X