Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    PrintDriver
    Happy Friday.
    It's been a nice quiet July for a change. Too bad it's over so quickly. Why does the slide into winter never take as long as the slide into spring?...
    Today, 10:14 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    PrintDriver
    Just clicky the little arrow next to the "Originally posted by..." line. Takes you right to it.
    Today, 10:12 PM
  • Kayekaye
    Comment on Seeking critiques
    Kayekaye
    Try a thin rule circle for the sun inside the diamond like sun points. Would have to be heavier the smaller it went. But currently I find very few black only demands for logos like yours. You can always...
    Today, 08:49 PM
  • salsa
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    salsa
    Happy Friday! I'm going to have to go back and find some of these threads! LOL. How do I miss them? Is there a secret passageway to where all the good stuff is kept? It feels like high school all over...
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Cosmo
    There is way too much going on. Think about that logo the size it needs to be on a business card. Will you still be able to make out all the different elements? Simplify, simplify, simplify.
    Today, 08:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOS!!! photoshop help...

i remember last year when we learned photoshop we learned that you can go to layer-group and then you can merge layer in a way so that the layer above has the texture of the layer beneath it.
    but the color of the layer above stays.

we learned photoshop 6 then. i have photoshop cs. you know-not the latest verssion. the 1 before.

i have a layer with mask beneath -and another layer with a color above it and i want to make it so that the masked layer has the color of the layer above.

strange i don`t find the group possibility in the layer menu. i search in other menus but i don`t find. i am doing it right now and if i don`t do it..................
    does anybody know?

you could just change the mode of the colour layer to multiply or darken or something?
    The beginning is always today.

Comment

sos photoshop help

i can try it`s just taht i want the shape of the layer with the color to fit in EXACTLY to the layer beneath

hey! color burn is really good...wow thanks there IS something in the end...

i just wonder if there IS anything like layer group in photoshop or i am totally ****ed up.
      Last edited by Irine; 05-24-2007, 08:48 AM. Reason: found out something

Comment

isnt it layer merge you want or

change opacitys and fills so you gradually bring the texture into it
        When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
        But in my dreams, I slew the dragon

Comment

Groups:
          In your layers panel, at the bottom, there is a folder icon. Click that for a new folder (Group) then you can drag your layers into that group folder.

OR

Holding down the Shift Key select the images on your workspace and then hit Clt+G and that will group them.

Comment

I think what your looking for is that you need to change the blend mode of the layer. Change it to either color or hue, depending on which looks right.

Comment

OR, it could be you are looking to make a "clipping group"? Press the "Alt" key (option on the mac) and move the mouse so that it is BETWEEN the two layers. The icon on the mouse changes to two circles. Click now and the top layer will be masked by the bottom layer. Continue doing that to add more layers, then flatten the image and you will have what you are looking for (I think).
              WordPress Designer and theme developer. KlongDesigns - helping bloggers and non-technical folks claim their space on the internet.

Comment

To group select both layers and hit Ctrl+G, to merge hit Ctrl+E
                "If it sells, its art."

Comment

Originally posted by InZenith
                  To group select both layers and hit Ctrl+G, to merge hit Ctrl+E
                  First shortcut = Illustrator, Second shortcut = Photoshop.

To group in Photoshop, use Layer Sets. By default a layer set is set to "Pass Through" mode, which means that it doesn't change the effect other layers in the stack have on the layers in the set. (ie, adjustment layers, and blending layers will blend or adjust according to everything underneath, whether in or out of the layer set) If you set the mode of the Layer Set to normal, then it will isolate the layers in the set, so you can apply adjustments and/or blends independently of the rest of the document.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mode for layer set: color.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X