Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Comment on Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    Lucifer
    Looks like you've already made up your mind. Why bother asking for opinions then? Print is right. If you want to make money off your pictures, buy a good camera.
    Yesterday, 10:58 PM
  • Momoshy
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Momoshy
    Abarth, you can do pretty much everything with smart use of gradients and transparencies.

Even if you dont plan to print anything big in a inmidiate future, is best to do as the guys above...
    Yesterday, 10:21 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Should I charge more than $29 for this sidewalk sign?
    Cosmo
    I don't know about pricing, but let me ask this:

Is that the exact sign you are selling? Or are you offering custom signs in that style? If you are selling just that particular sign, you...
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to Creatives on Instagram and Facebook
    HotButton
    Everyone must decide for themselves whether "social networking" is worth their time. It's the same with everything.

The problem comes when people make assumptions about others'...
    Yesterday, 09:18 PM
  • Abarth
    Reply to How Can I Covert This logo to 3D ?
    Abarth
    I've just discovered the solution, thank you
    Yesterday, 09:14 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LCDs for color critical work?

Hi.

I am a graphic designer, working on a Mac, that is trying to figure out what LCD monitor to replace my dying CRT with. I have done a lot of research, but would love to get some opinions from other users.

I am not a gamer. This is strictly for graphic design and professional retouching.

I have looked at the Apple 23", but heard differing opinions. Although Apple says it is "award winning" when it comes to the color, most say it is absolutely NOT the monitor to buy for color critical work. I also can't get past the fact that the screen looks dirty - like it needs to be dusted. i know it's matte, but there are other matte screens that do not look like this.

I have also read about NEC's new 26", looks great - pricey. but most buyers seem to have a problem with it being noisy. strange. also wondering if the color gamut it boasts matters/can be reproduced?

Then there's Eizo, but i'm wondering if the less expensive ones are better than anything else.

Samsung?? Westinghouse??

And lastly, if i am running the Dual 2.7 G5, will I need to upgrade the graphics card in order to use anything but the Apple?

Any thoughts from experienced users would be much appreciated!

THANK YOU.

Im thinking of ....

Two of these: Monitors

One of these: Calibrator

Good luck!
    CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I've got the 30" apple and we've also got a 20" and 23" here at the office. Color is great, very accurate. i really don't know what you mean by dusty looking. They come color corrected out of the box too.

Dells are pretty good monitors as well...
      www.standercreative.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X