For a flyer, I had prices as:
    $48 Adults
    $40 Seniors
    $30 Students
    Client wants it to appear with a space between the $ and the numbers:
    $ 48 Adults
    $ 40 Seniors
    $ 30 Students
    Can someone explain to me why? Is there something I don't know here?

I'm going to give them what they want, but I just think it looks odd.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

It does. They're wrong. You're right.

Comment

You are so right, no space.
      Tricia Lynn

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Yup, no space. They need to upgrade their brand of crack.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
          Or maybe the problem is that their crack is too good...

Comment

I thought we couldn't discuss pricing here??? hehe

Comment

hahaha..... that space just look really awkward show them an example so they know they are wrong =]

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                or booger sugar
                Less be more.

Comment

No space.
                  Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

The only time I'd do the space is if there was a list of of prices and the last one was say $100 and you really wanted the $'s to align. But even then I'd probably want to only use the $ on the first item on the list and leave the rest blank.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I think they want easy visibility. I wouldn't add a space. Adjust the kerning instead.
                      Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Maybe they're from France, or Canada - they do some odd things with spacing in French - like the extra space before an exclamation mark ! Or using a space instead of a comma in numbers like 5 000.
                        . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

A while ago I was working on a French translation for a training manual for a Canadian drug store chain. In the copy they gave me, the colon after every heading had a space before it. It was driving me mad, I though it was just because someone just thought it looked better. So I took each and every single one out. When I got revisions back from them, they added back all the spaces before the colons. I looked it up online just too see who was the crazy one, and it turns out it was me. They just do that sort of thing in French.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale
                            In the copy they gave me, the colon
                            damn, thats gotta be messy
                            ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

lol
                              pas·sion
                              If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                              -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X