X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Easiest 3D software to learn?

Well my boss just came to me, and she needs me to do a flash animation incorporating 3D! Im kinda lost, never done 3D in flash... Im pretty sure I have to export images frame by frame from a 3D software to animate it in flash. Its nothing too advance, I only need a 3D circle rotating.

So Id like to know, what 3D software is the easiest start with? Bryce? Maya?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Tuan
    Well my boss just came to me, and she needs me to do a flash animation incorporating 3D! Im kinda lost, never done 3D in flash... Im pretty sure I have to export images frame by frame from a 3D software to animate it in flash. Its nothing too advance, I only need a 3D circle rotating.

So Id like to know, what 3D software is the easiest start with? Bryce? Maya?

Thanks!

LOL sorry, that last line made me laugh. Easiest 3D software to learn? probably Rhino3D (if you know AutoCAD), well it doesnít do 3D animation. BUT 3DStudio Max, Maya, Bryce, etc.. are super difficult to learn. In my opinion about as difficult to learn as trying to teach yourself say: advanced chemistry, college level trig, college level calculus, or college level statistic (math), with just a book.

The learning curve for the "major" 3D software is VERY steep. Your best bet is to take a class at your local community college...

Don't believe me? Go look for resource manuals for 3D Studio Max and Maya. They are about as thick as a Websterís Dictionary.
    Last edited by Navian; 05-30-2007, 02:55 PM.
    pas·sion
    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Find an outsource and pay them. Faster.

Comment

Swift 3d if all you need is simple stuff. It's specially tailored for flash output. It can do raster, but it can also export it with vectors. If you don't need it textured it's pretty much as fast as a regular flash movie.

Ther are also other ways of "rotating" a sphere in flash
        http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?a...led&link_id=97

Comment

Originally posted by John G
          Swift 3d if all you need is simple stuff. It's specially tailored for flash output. It can do raster, but it can also export it with vectors. If you don't need it textured it's pretty much as fast as a regular flash movie.

Ther are also other ways of "rotating" a sphere in flash
          http://www.swishzone.com/index.php?a...led&link_id=97

i second Swift 3d

Comment

Third it.

Comment

I just found out about Sketch-Up. It's from Google, so it seems like it would be easy. However I haven't tried it.

http://www.sketchup.com/

Comment

Cinema 4-d is probly the easiest learning curve and probly one of the least expensive as well (excluding sketch-up).
                My Site

Comment

Swift 3d followed by: cinema 4d and if you want to get into real modeling then look at the higher end programs like Maya, 3Ds max, and lightwave As well as the AutoCad series.

Swift 3d will do what you are asking, just know that it is a limited "effects" program.

Comment

I tried the Sketch-up demo. Hands down easiest, quickest to learn modelling system out there. And a load of fun! I could see using this for things like environmental design, display booth graphics-- heck, even home renos. But vector animation? Um, I don't think so. Unless they've added a lot more to the latest package. It's really geared towards being a support tool for GoogleEarth. Still, anyone with a few hours to kill and a hankering to try 3D should download the demo version and try it. Like I said, a lot of fun.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X