Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making skin look darker in Photoshop?

I have a photo of a bunch of people's hands that I want to use for a project. Only problem is all the hands are white and for diversity's sake I would like one or two to look darker. Is this a ridiculous thing to try in Photoshop, or, if not, does anyone have tips/pointers? I have CS2.

Thanks!

Add a curves adjustment layer. Create a curve that gives the skin tone you're looking for. Fill the adjustment layer's mask with black, and then paint white over the parts of the mask where you want skin to be darkened.

Comment

Get your brown friends to model for you. What?! You don't have brown friends?!
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ummmm...I am brown. So is my husband and our whole family. Unfortunately, I am not also a professional photographer!

Comment

rofl @ both Buda and Rachel.

Yeah, just do what Hewligan said. Or once you create a selection/mask of the hands, you can use a number of different methods: levels, curves, hue/saturation, channels adjustment, or color layer. The possibilities are endless. You can use an adjustment layer with layer mask, jump hands to their own layer then use an adjustment layer with a layer set (not on pass-through mode), or just apply the adjustments directly to the composite layer - whatever works best with your workflow.
          Last edited by Ned; 05-31-2007, 04:20 AM.
          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
          mediamainline.com
          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

It's better if you can post your photo here so that we can see it and give you some pointers of what you should do next to make the skin look darker
            www.zombo.com

Comment

^^^what mchilly said^^^.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Burn, baby Burn. No serious Dodge/Burn is perfect for something like this.
                My Site

Comment

When changing skin tones I use Alt+R+E+C at the same time for Race/Ethnicity Change. Photoshop CSI is total awesomeness.
                  Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Two major differences in natural skin tone CMYK between caucasian and blacks. Here are some 'average' numbers:

Light skin: C15 M45 Y50 K0
                    Medium: C15 M40 Y55 K0
                    Dark: C35 M45 Y50 K28

As you can see, the most critical colours are CYAN and black. Rough select the skintone area and try using a channel mixer adjustment layer in CMYK modes and adjust (mostly) these two channels. But place a few strategic eyedropper targets down first to keep track of the numbers. When it looks good, tune up the mask.

Comment

I would just create a new layer and play with the layer settings. You could use the 'color' setting and draw a swatch of brown over a couple hands. You would just have to tweak it to make it look natural.

Comment

I also encounter this kind of problem in one of the forum I joined. He wants to make the skin look darker and then I do a little editing check out the before and after
                        Attached Files
                        www.zombo.com

Comment

Fake 'n Bake!
                          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                          mediamainline.com
                          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

wow, that made her look SOOO old!! and people think a tan makes them look young.
                            My Site

Comment

I've heard of racial profiling, but profile racializing?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X