Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Have you met ...me
    Buda
    Hi Mike and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • mikeengland
    Have you met ...me
    mikeengland
    Hello my name is Mike, my username gives it away. However I joined this forum for a few reasons including art crititques, expanding my learning, and improve myself as a professional. I am from Dayton,...
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to A logo needs help
    Buda
    It looks like a logo for a dating website. I think you need a different concept.
    Today, 12:21 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    Buda
    I learn to pick my battles. Some clients will resist, others will listen and take on advice. But it can be tricky when your client is management.
    Today, 12:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Just rebranded my design company
    Buda
    Nice logo. I like how it's kinda looks spartan which in my opinion a very strong symbol.

The only things I would change is that in the BC and LH the logo looks very big compared to the s...
    Today, 12:13 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts & Graph Software

Hi all, i'm currently putting together a sort of databook of sorts which contains all matter of charts and graphs which relate to very important projections and analysis within the property market.

At the moment, we are being supplied the charts from a statistician who puts them together in Xcel. The problem we have as with most things that originate from a PC, the charts and graphs loook rubbish. So therefore we have to redraw them in Freehand/Illustrator to make them look all pretty and sparkling again. Oh and they have to be bang on accurate otherwise we can get into mucho trouble.

Some of the charts are pretty complicated, not like a straight forward bar chart or histogram, but some of these contain maybe 3 or 4 sets of data which need to be on there so the data can be compared. [still with me?]

So I guess what i'm asking is, is there a bit of software out there which you can feed data, which then spits out a smart looking chart/graph which is fully colour/text editable. Basically I need the Ferrari of graph/chart drawing software.

Any ideas?

Thanks all
    x
    d eS mY fAcE lOoK bIg In ThIs?

I'm not sure if this is a help or not but you can copy and paste charts directly from excel to Illustrator. They will remain vector and fully editable.

Comment

Illustrator has a whole set of charts and graphs, you just import the data, and it makes it for you in whatever style you want
      Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men. - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

"I'm not sure if this is a help or not but you can copy and paste charts directly from excel to Illustrator. They will remain vector and fully editable"

What a terrific tip, that works and eased a huge headache, thanks Kool!

Comment

Your welcome. Glad it works for you.

Comment

Be careful of stroke widths. Sometimes they will look ok onscreen but will in reality be only .001 thickness. A quick select same stroke will grab them all so you can change them.

Comment

Thanks again will bare that in mind cheers!

Comment

Also beware of greys. They can come in as RGB when pasting.

Comment

Thats OK any RGBs get lined up against a wall and shot prior to press!

Comment

I was actually unaware of the copypasting from Excel. That's a relief, because the graph tool in Illustrator sucks.

Comment

I was unaware of this trick too. Good to know. Thanks Kool!
                      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Yeah its pretty much the same as Freehand, you give it lots of numbers, and it spits out a rather dull looking graph, thats really basic looking. TOP TIP!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X