Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    DanCMU
    Thanks, much appreciated encouragement there.

‹Somebody else just told me the same thing about the 'e'. Maybe I should try and make this more obvious. It might be the case that the speech...
    Today, 09:01 AM
  • jessica21
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    seamas: I appreciate the suggestions on where to look for more influence. A challenge I keep running into is finding a typeface that is professional and clear for a logo, but still has a steampunk look....
    Today, 05:53 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    CataclysmX
    I really like this new concept, it definitely speaks "messenger" to me. At first I didn't know how to feel about the backwards e but realized it looks good because it's like they are facing...
    Today, 04:16 AM
  • CataclysmX
    Reply to Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    CataclysmX
    I would say J2 is working the best so far, I like that logo. I would just try and find a matching typeface that goes with it, or maybe even the same font, for using on the name below the emblem/pictoral...
    Today, 04:09 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Freelance Opportunities as a stu
    Buda
    I would tread carefully.

No one here is going to be actively encouraging a student to freelance. It's usually education first, internship, a few years of full time design work before freelancing....
    Today, 04:04 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this weekend

fyi, im sure no one will notice, but I will be sans internet this weekend. leaving for Denver tomorrow morning, then a 3 day camping trip up in the high mountains with turntables, friends, beer, and lots of relaxing. Anywho, we do this every year because the full moon gives lots of light at nite (although forecast says it will be cloudy) anyways, im super stoked, last year was a blast. If any CO peeps are here, and wanna hang out, let me know and ill send ya a map point to the location.
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Have a great time!!
    Think of me as programmable soda.
    Tori Amos

Comment

Cool. Have fun man!
      Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

wow, that sounds fun. Enjoy - and bring us back some pictures!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

You should hold it here in my mountains D. You would get a great party and have the added fun of having commandos & swat units swarm all over it to top off the night

Comment

awesome, camping is the shit!!
            Hopefully you can get a car to your camping spot, cause i couldn't imagine anyone making it that far with turntables on there back, lol.
            www.standercreative.com

Comment

My boys leave on Saturday. They are super excited, too. They'll be canoeing through caves in Arkansas and hope to travel 70 miles on the buffalo river. They're so excited. I'm so worried. Won't hear from them all week until I go pick them up about an hour from here. I'm gonna be a basketcase! I've never gone a week without talking to my son or husband!

Have fun D-frag! Can't wait to see pics. You are taking pics, aren't you?
              You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I just got back from the BWCAW this past week 5 days without technology. Rain. Wind. Cold. Rain. Wind. Cold. Repeat.
                Less be more.

Comment

Have fun on your trip, and be safe.
                  "I can't find the roman numerals in the Glyphs palette." - Classmate
                  The statement that made Typography class an instant classic.

Comment

I would love to bring back pics, but my camera took a shit on me last month, completly died and now sony wants to charge me $200 just to open it, the camera is on ebay right now for 300, so im just cutting my loses and NEVER buying another Sony product, i have had oooooh, roughly $1500 in losses on there crappy technology over the last 5 years, between having to send my PS2 back 6 times in 2 years paying $150 every time, my TV which is a POS and the problems with my psp, im just done with them, to many other great manufacturers out there like LG who make great stuff at half the cost. Anyways, im not trying to save the roughly $2k i need for a canon body and lense, then I will be back in full effect.

here are some pics from last year, they go back a couple of pages....
                    http://dfrag-travel.buzznet.com/user/photos/?id=2808963
                    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Turntables? You guys DJ in the woods?

Have a great time!

|
                      Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

Aw, that sounds like so much fun! When I was a teenager we used to go to plenty of raves in the middle of nowhere in Wales. Abandoned miner's cottages and disused railway tunnels etc and set up generators and decks. Sometimes disused open cast quarries with as many as 15 systems. I remember those times very fondly! That scene died in Wales in the late 1990s.
                        at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Have a great time D-Frag!
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

thanks everyone, im sure i will have a blast.

Frankster - same thing happened here, we would have these crazy ass raves, then stupid 48 hours (the TV show) came in and did a undercover documentary on the drug use in the "scene" after that we were without raves for a couple years as we had to let the heat die down. Fooking sucked, but yes, we like to drop wax in the most craziest places, that shit in Wales sounds like a blast. We have a great party scene here now though, the desert and wharehouse parties are a blast, they just had one last weekend, 3 story warehouse and they brought in portable pools, needless to say it was crazy times.

Comment

Have a great time!

I'll be sans net too. We're moving house on Saturday!
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X