Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Yesterday, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Yesterday, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Yesterday, 08:31 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    We have a $250,000 digital printer and the backups can be up to 2mm out. That is within specifications.

So the answer is no. It's near impossible to get a printer that is bang on. Which is...
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font
    garricks
    Looks like it's not a free font. But $25 for four fonts in a typeface is really reasonable.
    Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob layer style question

okay here's the issue. I duplicated a layer (with its layer style) and simply flipped it using the free transform method.

the layer style (drop shadow) wasn't appropriate after flippin it so i went inside to adjust it.

however, the adjustments layer made to this layer affects the original layer. what's goin on?

I tried locking the original layer but it still happens. has anyone run into this issue before?
    Attached Files

In the drop shadow dialogue, you've probably got "Use global light" checked. Uncheck it.

Comment

that did the trick... (didn't know that would affect it; still doesnt make sense to me why it would.... but at least it works!)

thanks so much hewligan!

Comment

The global light allows all the layers with a drop shadow to have the same angle. It can be helpful, but truthfully it is usually a hinderance when forgotten.
        My Site

Comment

okay, that would seem logical then.

also, another similar issue occurs but is correctable and i think its a settings problem.. one that i'm not sure how to rectify.

when i create let's say a shape from the custom shapes and apply a layer style, let's say a stroke to it.

then i want to create another shape - however, the created shape automatically takes on the layer style from before. i simply clear the layer style to fix it but is there a default option where it won't occur in the first place?

Comment

In the context bar at the top, on the right (before the palette well), there are two options, style & color. Style is the one you want to look at. If you click on it, it will show you several styles, and if you click on the flyout menu button , you'll see an option called "no style". Click on that one and that will clear the style and you will have no styles applied when you draw the shape.
            WordPress Designer and theme developer. KlongDesigns - helping bloggers and non-technical folks claim their space on the internet.

Comment

o okay gotcha... thanks a lot resdog. dont know what to do without you guys!

Comment

You'd die. You'd simply die.

Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                mediamainline.com
                cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

You know, Ned, while I can see how it might be possible, there have actually been no recorded cases of anyone dying from not having my legendary photoshop skills

Comment

No convictions, you mean.
                    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                    mediamainline.com
                    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Hey, I'll have you know I was being "detained for my own protection..."

Comment

Uh huh. We're all just glad you're safe from the "bad" people, Hewligan.
                        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                        mediamainline.com
                        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I'll never be entirely safe from the bad people - they'll always be after me for my legendary photoshop skills

Comment

It's a powerful weapon you possess, Hewligan.

Try to use it for good, not evile.
                            Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                            mediamainline.com
                            cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

lol! YOU
                              Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                              - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X