Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    kemingMatters
    I also vote keep it BUT I think you should consider bumping it down a few point sizes to soften it's intensity a bit.

I would also suggest you revisit the kerning and consider joining some...
    Today, 01:26 PM
  • monica100
    Reply to Photos and banner ads...
    monica100
    I thing photoshop is the best tool. You must to save pictures as jpeg or png with the final resolution and then you must to use a tool to reduce image size like optimizesuite.

Enj...
    Today, 11:43 AM
  • DanCMU
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    DanCMU
    The period, to me, makes it more of an assertion rather than a suggestion. I know that's not what that's used for (technically speaking) but it makes it pack a little more punch.

I vote to...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    PrintDriver
    What's a selfie?
    Just kidding.
    Narcissistic for the most part, more fleeting than a hashtag in general, and somehow people think they can make social statements with them. Society has become...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heed the Clarion Call!

Hey everyone

BoDo: The Business of Design Online needs your help for their next installment of their Designers Working With... series. This is actually a call to printers, but if some of you enjoy a good relationship with your printer, if you could be so kind to lend a hand and ask if they can take a moment to answer the following brief questions.

QUESTIONS:
    1. What are the main points that you’d expect / want designers to know before contacting you about a project?
    2. When working with designers, what do you see as the top problem areas?
    3. How do you work?
    4. How should a company or individual in your profession be chosen?
    5. At what point should your profession be brought into a project?
    6. How do you charge?
    7. How can a designer improve their skills in your industry?

And I'll need their details to add to the bottom of each answer (each answer goes on a different day)

Name | Title
    Company website | Blog

A simple short paragraph is all we need. Plus it's for the Design Community, folks. And not only will it benefit designers but printers as well (hopefully resulting in a drastic increase of pleasant, problem-free output experiences).

You can post responses here (I'll redirect this thread to Cat), or PM me with your results and I'll forward them. Oh and, the sooner the better. My thanks in advance for everyone's help.

|
    Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

bump

Comment

Heading into the weekend and no responses? Gonna have to do the *bump* all weekend, now.

C'mon printer/pre-press gurus, lets help educate the masses for the good of the industry. Because with some of the "special" jobs that have come across my desk in my day, heaven knows they need it. You know what I'm talking about.

|
      Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

Seapony,

I'm copying and pasting the contents of your questions into an e-mail to myself, which I will forward to the printer contacts I have. I'm sure they'll be interested in helping.
        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
          Seapony,

I'm copying and pasting the contents of your questions into an e-mail to myself, which I will forward to the printer contacts I have. I'm sure they'll be interested in helping.
          WOOHOO, That would be great, thanks!

|

Comment

Do the *bump*

|

Comment

I'd be tempted to add:

What top three things can a designer do for you that would make things go faster, and save them and their clients money?

What three things are the top three 'waste of time' or unnecessary tasks that you routinely see in submitted files from designers?

Comment

I just sent one of our printers that we have a great relationship an e-mail, Seapony, hopefully he'll get back to me soon.
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Originally posted by Broacher
                  I'd be tempted to add:

What top three things can a designer do for you that would make things go faster, and save them and their clients money?

What three things are the top three 'waste of time' or unnecessary tasks that you routinely see in submitted files from designers?
                  They're great "add-ons"...a pity printers are apparently too busy to answer the existing ones. Well, except for Buda, she quite naturally rocks. Those are great questions to consider for another segment. If you don't mind, I'd like to hang onto them.

|

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                    I just sent one of our printers that we have a great relationship an e-mail, Seapony, hopefully he'll get back to me soon.
                    Thankyou plenty. I'll be waaaaaaaaiting.

|

Comment

I'm glad to exchange my time for compliments
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X