Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    <b>
    For 3 or 4 years we had a contract with a printer whose primary business was publishing phone books. We hired them to print 100,000-plus copies of various boilerplate information booklets on newsprint,...
    Today, 10:56 PM
  • kizzidesigns
    Reply to Redundancy & Entropy
    kizzidesigns
    well i am ahppy that someone likes Redundancy & Entropy (R&E) but watching the video was a bit confusing too complex .i love things simple and straightforward and it seems when it comes to the...
    Today, 10:52 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    garricks
    There is/was, but the upgrade to vBulletin 5 disappeared it....
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Kool
    All of that stuff is disabled because it didn't really work and it caused bugs in other areas. Right now we are in a holding pattern as far as this forum software goes. The forum is coming under new ownership...
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    I was too aggressive setting the keeps and got an unexpected result. I didn't see this until I got home…I'll post in detail tomorrow when I get to work.
    Today, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to add fonts to Adobe Photoshop

How do you do this? Its easy to add fonts to InDesign and Illustrator. I have no problem with that. I just export/drap fonts into font folder of InDesign and Illustrator and its added to the font list. But when I do it to photoshop it doesn't work. Need help
    No advertising allowed on GDF. Please see Forum Rules.

I think you need to quit completely out of Photoshop and then relaunch it in order for it to update the Photoshop font list. At least that's what I have to do.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

It didnt work. Do you put them in the fonts folder or Composite Fonts folder? When I go into the Composite Folder another folder shows up named Temp.

Comment

I use a font manager to add fonts. I'm on a Mac, are you on a PC? If so, I'm not the best one to ask about font management, hopefully someone on a PC will be able to be more helpful.

Comment

Pc

Comment

If you wait for a bit, someone on a PC will be able to help you, I'm sure.

Comment

In Windows you should, in general, only need to add fonts to C:\Windows\Fonts. There are occasional problems with apps not necessarily rescanning the font directory, though. It's more reliable if you go to Control Panel -> Fonts, and from the File menu select Add Fonts, then add the fonts through the dialogue box that appears.

(If you tick the box that says Move to Fonts Folder, they will be permanently installed, if it's unchecked then they will only be installed until your next reboot.)

Comment

Ok thanks..Now adding fonts to C:\Windows\Fonts will update my font list for all of the programs at the same time such as Illustrator and Indesign?

Comment

That's the Windows system fonts folder. Any font in there is available to all applications running on the computer.

Comment

ok

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X