Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of August!!!
    Buda
    It is a shame, but maybe we can do Quote of the Month?

There are some gems every now and then that are nice to relive in case we miss them the first time around. Thanks to you and Kool for...
    Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine Problems

Ok, every quarter I have to make a magazine for an auction group. This current quarter they have added 20+ pages for their member directory. They apparently have some names in word files and excel files. They also decided to send the articles for this 50 page magazine in separate word files. I can't find a lot of the ads they have written down and some will most likely not fit in the places they have designated. This client is consistantly unorganized and always makes our company feel ignorant once they get their first proof. My question to you all - is there a way I could have them send in their info. without it being all over the place and help me create it in a reasonable amount of time? I'm using the template from last quater but it's already taken an entire work day and I still have 5 or 6 pages left. Is that normal? Should my turn around time be quicker? This is all setup in Indesign by the way.

Thanks in advance for your help...

make sure they are paying for your time. Also ask what you want, tell them you want it all in word format. Request how you want it..

Comment

I find with multipage documents like this is easier to ask for a mockup. To make things easier for them, print out everything they have given you, give them a clear file - those folders with plastic pockets in them, and get them to slot in the articles in the order they want.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X