Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Comment on Custom social icons
    PanToshi
    The "backgrounds" are part of the logo.
    Today, 01:28 PM
  • Possumgal
    Reply to Zazzle, CafePress, Etsy, OH MY!
    Possumgal
    I don't know about CafePress, but I've had products on Zazzle for three or four years, and have sold one item. One. On their forum, one guy said that unless you have a separate website linked to the Zazzle...
    Today, 01:11 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you able to read the text?
    KitchWitch
    I agree with what's already been said. If you're going to use an image of someone getting a vaccination, the person giving it should be wearing gloves.
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Custom social icons
    KitchWitch
    It doesn't matter if you're "being respectable" to their branding. It either falls within their branding guidelines or it doesn't. Yours doesn't.
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Arielr190 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 01:02 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, looks like I could have saved $$

wow, all that college money, and now to find out I didn't even have to be creative to be a graphic designer:

http://www.changingcourse.com/make-m...c-designer.htm
    My Site

Well, they're targeting direct mail work.

If I learned anything during my corporate marketing days, it’s that most designers think of themselves as graphic “artists” first and marketers second. Being creative types, most designers are concerned with one thing – how the piece looks. Many never consider whether the design will help or hinder the sales process. One of the designers on staff came up with a brochure filled with text that was not only light gray but a barely readable 9 point type size. “But it’s so hard to read,” I said. “Yes,” she cooed, “but doesn’t it LOOK fabulous?!”
    That article makes me angry. It's saying that graphic designers don't care about communication and only about how pretty a piece is. Not true. Any good design course will place emphasise on communication not on "prettiness".
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

sigh
      portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

reminds me of "the product that will get the thread removed if brought up".
        My Site

Comment

Originally posted by carter the artist
          This noob's gotta know!
          My Portfolio

Comment

i'd like to send her a pointed message in a starburst.
            portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

I can't, in fact there was a thread I was in yesterday and the programmer was there and he got booted and the thread dissappeared before my eyes... but if you want, I can PM you the name.
              My Site

Comment

I'm clueless too.

Comment

it starts with Logo and ends with a creator.....
                  My Site

Comment

That thing almost word for word has been floating around the net for years now. I think it comes in a package of ""crappy stuff to sell from your website to become a zillionaire".

I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Comment

it starts with Logo and ends with a creator.....
                      Hewligan walks in wearing a black suit, puts on his sunglasses, and holds up his neuralizer.

>Bright flash of light<

"You were all having a conversation about the relative merits of Gill Sans vs Futura."

Comment

but if you want, I can PM you the name.
                        Please do.
                        My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by hewligan
                          Hewligan walks in wearing a black suit, puts on his sunglasses, and holds up his neuralizer.

>Bright flash of light<

"You were all having a conversation about the relative merits of Gill Sans vs Futura."

ha! I've never been able to look at Gill Sans the same way since I read his biography.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=23369
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                            ha! I've never been able to look at Gill Sans the same way since I read his biography.

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=23369
                            Damn, I forgot that Gill Sans is the CNSFW font...

Hewligan holds up neuralizer again.

>Bright flash of light<

"You were having a conversation about the relative merits of Avenir vs Futura."

(Hope neither Frutiger nor Renner got up to anything too dodgy...)

Comment

I used to think Gill Sans was the bomb, but now I prefer Futura. Gonna bash Futura for a bit longer until I find another font to obsess with.

Eric's Bio didn't worry me so much. A fonts a font right?
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X