Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• RCdublin
    Design Student Introduction
    RCdublin
    Hello everyone. I'm a design student in Dublin Ireland and I've just discovered the forum.

Looking forward to meet everyone and share ideas and tips.

There's a little...
    Today, 09:41 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    misplacedVTer
    Lynda is good for learning how to use design programs, not how to go about designing things....
    Today, 09:36 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma¿?
    misplacedVTer
    @StudioMonkey
    The problem is that most places get SO many applications for a job posting that automatically weeding out the people without a degree becomes a way to pare the number down to something...
    Today, 09:31 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    Cosmo
    The name may not mean much to a lot of you, but just found out Steve Hed - one of the pioneers in bicycle wheel design - passed away today. I ride a set of his wheels on my race bike.

ht...
    Today, 08:56 PM
  • justproud2b
    General Branding (Re-branding)
    justproud2b
    Hello All,

I ended up finding this website in a search for information help to my issue. I need people for a sounding board. I'm trying to rebrand myself and I am struggling with a direction...
    Today, 08:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Best Brands?

Ok, so we all know that Apple and Starbucks have great branding and marketing happening for them. But who else do you think has a brand that is succeeding well in today's market?

Who makes your top 10?

mcdonalds, nike, coca-cola pop into mind
    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

when I think of car insurance, I think of Geiko - even though I don't actually use them :} I prefer the little gecko over the cavemen though.

Aflac is also a household name, but I don't care for their ads.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Cadillac.
        WYSIWYG

Comment

smirnoff... and red bull... love them.. and i'm not just saying that because i love the products.. hahahah honestly!

wasn't bothered about coke until the single colour vectory layouts.
          hate mcd's.
          love VW stuff... ALWAYS loved their advertising. more so their early stuff... i've got a load of old vw adverts as posters.
          guiness branding always sticks in my mind too...

i think i like the simple, no bullsh.t approach.
          The beginning is always today.

Comment

BTW.. anyone else think this is a homework question?
            The beginning is always today.

Comment

Originally posted by jimking
              Cadillac.

It's a cream puff, baby!

yeah, excalades are quite popular (I just like to say that word...EXcalade - I know its really escalade, but I can't help myself!) . I tend to think of Target, Fed EX, coca cola, Home Depot, Best Buy...but maybe that's just becuase I see those things every day...
              “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by captain spanky

Ask again later.

Comment

Bacardi. They made it BIG with women with their Bacardi & Diet. And let's face it, how many bars had Mojitos on their menu 5 years ago? Bacardi practically invented them, well at least made them what they are.
                  www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Originally posted by captain spanky
                    I do I do!

I watched someone pump $129 worth of gas into an Escalade the other day.

Comment

Target! I heart Target. Everything about it.

$129 worth of gas is disgusting. I just threw up a little bit.
                      "I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious."

-Einstein

Comment

About what it cost to fill up my truck... That reminds me I need gas.

Comment

man. i get pissed when its over $40 (as it was this last time... cuz i ran it to E, i put in 14.5 gallons!)
                          www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

wow that's nuts! mine is around $40 to fill but its only a 4 cylinder =] i don't know if 1800mattres is nation wide but their song gets stuck in my head a lot. budweiser usually does a good job branding too. i love that new bud light commercial they have where they are in the opera and the bottles break in the guys jacket. haha so funny.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

^ that one gave me a chuckle, too.

You know whose commercials I hate? Pepto Bismol. Ugh.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X