InDesign to Publisher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InDesign to Publisher

I have a client that's asking me to convert an InDesign file to a Publisher file. Is it me or can this not be done?

ummm why?

why not just a PDF?
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

They want to be able to change things around in the layout and they don't want to purchase InDesign.

Comment

I have a client that's asking me to convert an InDesign file to a Publisher file. Is it me or can this not be done?
        DONT DO IT FOR THE FATE OF THE WORLD HANGS IN THE BALANCE!

Now that the overly dramtic part is over. Im not sure there is a way, although I havent touched publisher for awhile.
        Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

cant be done. You would have to set the job up again in Publshger and save it that way. Of course if you do that you are no longer a designer and we all come to beat you up.

steve

Comment

publisher doesn't support any editable formats, other than its own. unless all they want to do is minor stuff, like change very little text which could be done through Acrobat, you're really out of luck. you can save publisher files to postscript, but that's about it.
            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

I figured there wasn't a way. I'm big into InDesign but when this person asked me to do it, I thought maybe I was wrong. Guess I'm not a drunk afterall!! Thanks for your responses.

Comment

I keep a bag of freeze dried sow's ears around for just such clients.

So far, no silk purses.

Comment

When someone mentions publisher, an angel gets her wings clipped
                  Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

Actually, I'm in a kind of uncomfortable position regarding Publisher. My wife (a children's librarian) just got this installed at her work place and is starting to use it for all her promotional designs, ads, etc.

Now, for 95% of the work she does, she'll probably be happy with it. So far, she's really only been using Word for most of this stuff. But most of it is just stuff off the office printer. But I'm getting a little nervous knowing that as soon as she has something to 'take outside' that I'm going to be called in for tech assistance.

By the way, my wife may not have any real experience in layout software or digital workflows, but she understands print production very well, having had the same training I had and even working in a big publisher as a production person for a few years. (That is, in the years before computers!)

Ah well. The things we do for love.

Comment

I've heard of InDesign to Quark, but definately not to Publisher.

Comment

Nada. No dice.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Highlight, copy, paste. Keep doing that with each part of the design.

Of course if it was me, I'd just tell him to stuff it... and I don't mean to compress and archive.
                          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                          mediamainline.com
                          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

See, even if you could do it. Just say you convert it back from Pub to Indy for final printing. How can you trust the client has done it correctly? You can't! That's why people hire designers. It's not just about making stuff look pretty it's about making files that are able to be printed correctly.

Oh wait...maybe I've gotten myself confused with pre-press...
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Well, I like to think I produce files that print correctly, but judging by some of the comments by prepress people around here, if I do, I'm in a minority...

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RMo
                                Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
                                RMo
                                Hey,

some quick things:
                                • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
                                • add a favicon
                                • there is a massive amount of space after loading
                                Today, 03:18 PM
                              • Bilberryblue
                                Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
                                Bilberryblue
                                Thanks for the reply. The one who told me this already played the game, and he said that a puzzle would appear once changed to b and w. He said a graphic artist or an app could do this.

Today, 10:41 AM
                              • kemingMatters
                                Comment on Photography peeps, I need your help!
                                kemingMatters
                                You might be able to do something with a photocopier, as some colours dropout (yellows) and others turn darker than you'd think
                                Today, 10:06 AM
                              • KitchWitch
                                Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
                                KitchWitch
                                Hi Bilberryblue and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                                Today, 09:20 AM
                              • KitchWitch
                                Reply to ROOTS Logo
                                KitchWitch
                                Hi Biabarrackus and welcome to GDF.

This thread is over ten years old, but thanks for the input.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain...
                                Today, 09:18 AM
                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X