Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to An extra charge for vector logo?
    Lucifer
    'Friends' will always expect a discount.
    Today, 09:50 PM
  • dvdbct
    Reply to Our Pet Pictures
    dvdbct
    Sometimes I let the dog help out with phone calls.
    Today, 09:41 PM
  • pixaeiro
    Hola!
    pixaeiro
    Hola,
    I am a tools software engineer. I do graphic design mostly for software user interfaces, documentation, tutorials and websites.
    I hope I can contribute to this community.
    Thanks...
    Today, 09:37 PM
  • dvdbct
    Reply to so... What do you guys DO???
    dvdbct
    Hey! I work for a company that produces multiple magazines. I design advertisements for outside companies who do not have an ad created. Then, when it comes time to layout the magazine, I assist with...
    Today, 09:35 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on An extra charge for vector logo?
    Cosmo
    Well, some of my friends only wanted to pay $20 for their logo...
    Today, 09:28 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wacom intuos ?

never worked with a tablet before, but am starting to see the benefits.
    am thinking of getting one and have read that the wacom intuos 3 is probably the best on the market.
    was wondering if, from anyone who has used these, the differences in the 4x6 and the 6x8. there is about a 100 dollar price difference and dont know if the extra tablet space is that beneficial. having never used on of these before i am wondering how a small drawing surface results in larger sized images, etc.

would like to hear yalls comments and suggestions.
    thanks
    Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

IMO size shouldn't matter if your using illy - you can scale your drawings to whatever you want. I have the smaller version but could never get used to it, so its packed away in a box somewhere. Its probably just me though, poor hand to tablet / eye to screen coordination I guess.
    GNP @ work

Comment

humm...what is turning me on it is that i cant draw worth a darn with a bloody mouse.
      Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

Comment

me neither. But then again, I couldn't draw with the tablet. Maybe I just can't draw!
        GNP @ work

Comment

To be honest, tablet size seems to be more a matter of personal preference. Some people prefer the smaller models, and find it harder to work with the larger ones. Others find the smaller ones too cramped, and prefer to work with a larger one. The only way to decide what you want is to try one and figure out what size seems good.

Maybe go to a shop and see if they'll let you try a table there. Or, if you know someone who has a tablet, ask to try using their's.

Comment

My optimum is the 6x8 intuos3. I am very happy with it indeed. There's something comfortable about having just the right amount of space for my hand to move in easily and not have to over stretch or lift up and replace my hand too much when drawing in all areas of the tablet.
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

I definately prefer smaller. I like to move my arm as little as possible. If I want to do fine detail, I zoom in.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X