Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Hi guys thanks for all the input,

@Kitchwitch thank you for the welcome Ill go over and check out the rules now, glad to know I wasn't having computer errors in posting this.
    Today, 04:44 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to From Architect House Plan to Realistic 3D model
    Kayekaye
    Well there are all kinds of 3d architectural software. But how can you download them, learn them, and draw this in 24 hours. Not very realistic. He should be able to do a 3d from his plans on CAD like...
    Today, 04:32 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Comment on InDesign Style Sheets--Numbered bullets
    Kayekaye
    Yes this was killing me recently, all of them being numbered as 1. Did your fix work?
    Today, 04:06 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Getting logged out
    Kayekaye
    Tonight I've been logged out 4 times! Every time I leave the page and go to my job and then come back I'm logged out. Yikes, next time I give up for today...
    Today, 03:47 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Logo forum graphic design
    <b>
    A big muscular arm emerging from the top of a head is both weird and creepy. Sorry, but there's no saving this one.
    Today, 03:03 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Reason to Upgrade to Mac OSX Leopard

This is what PC server icons look like in the browse window:

(A big fat CRT with a blue screen of death!)
    Attached Files
    design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Originally posted by 1ooScreamingTrees
    This is what PC server icons look like in the browse window:

(A big fat CRT with a blue screen of death!)
    ROFLMAO. For serious?

Comment

haha I'm serious man - I just took a screenshot of my own browser.

Hi-freaking-larious!
      design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

thats awesome
        Tapp-d
        "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

That is funny, but with the number of people having problems installing Leopard, I get the feeling this is going to come off as arrogant and hypocritical.
          wieNerDog

Comment

I haven't read much on it, but I wonder if those people were doing upgrades instead of clean installs. Which makes the blue screen a little ironic...

Heh, that monitor looks just like the crappy one I was given at work (microsoft shop). They should have used the XP blue screen instead, though. (YES, even XP has it if you turn an automatic reboot option off)

Comment

Lol, I saw that too! Hilarious!

I didn't have any problems installing Leopard. I did an arch. & install. It was really fast and painless :P
              ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

I'm not a mac fan but that's pretty funny
                Web Design Nottingham as well as worldwide support. I also like Cowboy Hats

Comment

haha it is arrogant and ignorant as well...

Indesign CS3 is completely broken on my Leopard install.

Illy, PS, Flash, DW are fine...broken Indesign...grr. I'm going to have to figure out something quick. Apparently tons of people are having this problem.

Comment

Suddenly I'm glad I'm running my adobe programs though Fusion/Windows.
                    ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

Don't start.
                      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I installed Leopard on an external HD and kept my original Tiger system in tact just to test my apps....SO far so good.

For the person w/ the ID problem....I have not had any problems yet...have to play w/ it more though...LOTS MORE! But perhaps doing a clean install and then manually dragging over prefs and such is a better option? Seems to be that way so far based on all my reading over at the apple site!

It has been fun though playing around w/ leopard, knowing my tiger system is still in tact! Best to install and test for now...

in this case, I get to have my cake, and eat it too!
                        | Valerie |
                        "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
                        -Ben Harper

Comment

How do you like the updated Finder? I look forward to the Qickview feature. I hate having to open Adobe Bridge to browse through my photo cache and files.

Comment

I still think they could do so much more with the Finder, but it's not bad. Quickview and that cover flow thing are great. If you're dealing with a bunch of Adobe files (other than regular images), I'd still say Bridge is the better choice. Unless Adobe works with Apple on getting all their files to work in cover flow, that would be sweet.

Comment

I asked my mac tech support what he thought of Leopard and he right away told me not to go there. He said it doesn't work very well with Acrobat Professional or Distiller (which I need).

So I will wait until he decides that he wants to sell it to me.

I figure I can trust him. He gets benefits when we buy new products from him, but he also has to fix any potential problems. Right now, he figures the problems associated with Leopard far outweigh any benefits he would gain by selling it.
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X