Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    <b>
    It took me a few seconds of looking before I saw the SB in the logo. Instead, I focused right in on the white shape, which, to me, looks sort of like the ghost of Mickey Mouse or, maybe, the torso of...
    Today, 08:50 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Paper Bags
    kemingMatters
    Location can make a huge difference, where are you located?

Are you okay with off-shoring?

Was it Macy's that had some note crazy about the horrible working conditions tucked...
    Today, 08:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Tablet+phone combo
    kemingMatters
    A friend of mine swears by HTC, they were still more expensive than google's (LG's) Nexus5 which has similar specs. If you go the nexus route I suggest that you buy directly from the googe, in Canada...
    Today, 08:09 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Learning Illustrator when you are already familiar with Photoshop and Indesign
    <b>
    ​

I don't know what you mean by "vice," but yes, Illustrator creates vector graphics.

Everyone learns differently, but for me the best, fastest,...
    Today, 07:56 PM
  • kodisir
    Paper Bags
    kodisir
    Hello everyone!

I'm new here so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm looking to see if anyone has good leads on vendors for printing custom shopping bags. Working on a project...
    Today, 07:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Web Designers, Should we be scared?

http://education.yahoo.net/degrees/a...evel_jobs.html

look at #9
    Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

I saw that. Seemed a little high considering what I have seen for entry level designers of any variety.

Comment

It seems a little high to me too. Especially if you look at other salary surveys like A List Apart's recent one.
      ~Cassi

CassiLowe.com

Comment

I think the salaries seem to be based on big cities and not the average from around the country.
        GNP @ work

Comment

PFFFFT is all I have to say about that.

A job I recently applied for (and I was told by the recruiter I wasn't qualified for due to lack of experience...) was 3 years experience of Web Design into a Graphic Design and Web Design 'Marketing Coordinator' position, which paid 30,000 to 35,000 a year. I call shenanigans.

Comment

As big as the World Wide Web is, I've yet to see a computer screen that can fit in your wallet like a business card, on the side of a vehicle, or around a box of cereal.

So I'm not feeling particularly threatened.

Comment

I, too, think that figure is awfully high. However, I wouldn't feel threatened even if it was dead on. I knew getting into this career years ago that I wouldn't ever make a ton of money in design, I'm just happy to be doing something I enjoy.
              The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them. Albert Einstein

Comment

I've been learning more and more web design skills over the past 3 years due to the increase in demand for experienced web designers, and every job requiring web design experience has offered significantly more money than print design jobs (which tend to be more in-house desktop publishing than actual design anyway).

I've seen some salaries in that range, some even higher as an hourly rate for long-term contract work. It all depends on the employer/client. I've seen ads for web design positions under $40k asking for someone with several years of experience, but those are becoming more rare.

it seems the Web 2.0 boom has been helping in metropolitan areas.
                wieNerDog

Comment

While I'm not worried for my position or talent, I would like to pick up more on the web front. I have relied heavily on my print background for 16 years, and need to branch out.

Comment

Originally posted by reuber1
                    I call shenanigans.

"The next guy who says 'shenanigans' is gonna get pistol-whipped!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

Clearly they must be talking about entry level positions in New York City, or somewhere similar. If not, I want an entry level position...clearly I've been gyped all my life.
                      www.QuiteGraphic.com
                      I'll double check your spelling if you'll double check mine. Two heads are better than one.

Comment

"Shenanigans? You guys wanna go to Shenanigans?!?!"

Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ovaltine
                          ...clearly I've been gyped all my life.
                          no, thats called life in Kentucky!

wanna trade? I could use some fresh air and pretty scenery about now
                          GNP @ work

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint
                            "Shenanigans? You guys wanna go to Shenanigans?!?!"

Those were the best 2 hours I ever spent watching a movie.

"Finish it up, rook!"

Comment

I'm quite happy in print.

I feel like web moves too quickly for me (or any busy professional) to catch up. What I learned 3 years ago for web on my degree was already outdated by the time I graduated.
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X