This is really funny. Paula Scher templates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is really funny. Paula Scher templates

This was brought up in another thread. Use HP's templates to make your business presence unique. Oxymoron or what?

http://h30393.www3.hp.com/printing/paula-noflash.html

and I used to think Paula Scher was cool
    I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

wait...no actually, I never had any opinion of Paula Scher, but now I think she's a bitch.

I mean, how hypocirtical is the concept of providing business template?! After making a big pitch on how important design and inspiration are to making a business unique!
      Last edited by cjoe; 12-10-2007, 07:12 PM. Reason: bitch comment needed qualifying

Comment

Didja try making one?
        Hope your logo is Helvetica Light.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
          Didja try making one?
          Hope your logo is Helvetica Light.
          there is somthing other than Helvetica Light. Woah! Too much choice! and the colours!

mind boggling!

Comment

oh god why would anyone put their name on something like that? you either get Uppercase or Lowercase for your header, I love it! And the 3 color choices, nice palette, puke green, salmon and charcoal, what' s the matter, barf up your lunch on your million dollar business deal with HP? AAAAAAAACKKKKKK

*runs away*
            ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Very sad....

- J.
              Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
              Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

Yup, I've known about it and it is indeed a melancholic head shaker. There are plenty of businesses who will go for it, too. Maybe they'll even be so bold to declare that she designed their look.

|
                Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

I think you were the one that brought it up. .
                  Actually, you know, it's just an ad to buy HP printers. There's an equipment list you'll need to create your custom business forms. It's all printers, go figure.

Comment

Regardless of what it is for, Paula Scher has been brought up several times in various design classes throughout my design education. And my design classes haven't been the greatest in terms of emphasizing design history, either. As such, assuming other unis make note of her, that makes her somewhat of a figurehead of sorts. This campaign of hers sends a terrible message to students studying design who hear about Paula and her work. There is much more at stake here than some crappy templates and a major plug for HP printers.

Very, very disappointing.

Comment

Are you still in school? Bring it up in class.

Comment

OMG! Just want I needed. Does she do portfolios too? Sign me up!

Comment

Oh, I did, PrintDriver. Just figured I'd vocalize the thought here as well.

Comment

message, cyan? it seems to be "don't bother going to school for design. i've cornered the market."

sheesh. so much for me using that font in anything anymore...
                            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X