Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A step by step on how to do page layout.

Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any sites that show a step by step page layout in lets say quark or indesign. I just want to know how others go about setting things up for print.

I am sure we all have different ways of doing things so this is where I like to learn a bit more.

Best scenario is sitting at someones desk and overlooking their shoulder to see how they do this, but I had that done to me and it is very annoying.

Any good tutorials or even better video's.

Thanks.

why don't you start out by telling us your process, and then others can chime in when they get a chance?
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I'm not sure if you'll find a complete step to step because every job is so different. i agree with Morea, tell us what you do and perhaps ask areas that you're concerned about or have questions about.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Thank you friends, will do that when I come across a trivial part.

Comment

1. Call printer for specs
          2.Open InD (or Quark)
          3.Insert creative elements in a visually pleasing array, considering content and client brand presence (based on years of design experience and maybe personal style)
          4.Save
          5.Print

Comment

Thanks printdriver, I have done many layouts before, just like to learn if they are ways to increase my productivity.

Comment

Learn keyboard shortcuts.

Comment

Outsource to India?

Comment

save often! save and save again.

drink red bull and mountain dew to stay up all night, drink heavily to go to sleep.
                  Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

talking about keyboard shortcuts, I have a friend who is hiring, she said that she only hires people who can only use shortcuts and are good at it.
                    How valid is this?

Comment

Nah, if you are using Indesign, you don't have to save as often as you would in say Photoshop. They make that cool ghost file that saves your every move.

Bejamshi, write a step by step and we will let you know if we differ. It's a lot of work to ask someone to write a step by step when we're all designing differnt things.
                      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

^^hold over from the quark days. sorry. paranoia is hard to ditch after so long.

on the shortcuts thing, i think that may be going a little too far. it does show aptitude with the software and does help you move faster, but i'm not quite sure it's a deal-breaker.
                        Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by bejamshi
                          talking about keyboard shortcuts, I have a friend who is hiring, she said that she only hires people who can only use shortcuts and are good at it.
                          How valid is this?
                          That is fine if she is hiring production people. If she's looking for speed over creativity.

I wish my co worker would use shortcuts. It's painful watching him work.
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Isn't it true that all adobe products have the same shortcuts now?
                            so once you learn them they are universal?

Comment

Not entirely, they very slightly...
                              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X