Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    PanToshi
    Yep, like I said, freelancers who are hoping to work full-time for the company for which they are occasionally freelancing are unemployed designers who are freelancing until they find full-time work.
    Today, 02:40 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Where do you find talent?
    MichaelWied
    The "freelancers" are basically there to be called in if a big project comes up and they need the extra hand, and these are designers hoping to get a full time spot at the company.
    Today, 01:51 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logo design ideas??

I have to design a logo for a website dealing in real estate business. I am out of any unique idea. Please help me!

most people here wont like how you're wording your question. we don't work for free, especially if someone else is getting paid for the ideas. why don't you tell us what you've done, what you think, background on the business -- logo design is one of the hardest parts of the profession, it takes a lot to conceptualize a good logo.

this is also probably the wrong section...i'm sure morea can move you later!

but yea, the unique idea will depend on what's unique about the company and how you can portray it.

Comment

Well answered kevin.

I don't know why I start to boil a little when this question is asked. I think I'm getting bitter in my old age
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

how about use a house or something?
        portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

I really sure charge for this...but I got a brainstorm.

How about use a turtle or a hermit crab? They are easily identifiable animals who are associated with carrying their own houses.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

why not post what you have and we can suggest other avenues...

going on from Buda's - snails, rabbits (ok so they don't have shells but the hutch is a house right?)

Comment

You guys are funny. You complain then can't resist posting ideas. Silly or not.

Comment

moved to general.

Originally posted by kevincdg
                most people here wont like how you're wording your question. we don't work for free, especially if someone else is getting paid for the ideas. why don't you tell us what you've done, what you think, background on the business -- logo design is one of the hardest parts of the profession, it takes a lot to conceptualize a good logo.
                Well said. You also can't design an effective logo if you know nothing about the individual business that you're designing for. You need to work with your client to be sure that you understand who their clients are in terms of demographics (age, income, etc.), who their competition is, what their business is like, etc.

Logo design is NOT just a matter of sitting down and putting an image beside some text, and people who don't know ANYTHING about the company are only going to be able to offer generic - blind - ideas.
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                  Logo design is NOT just a matter of sitting down and putting an image beside some text, and people who don't know ANYTHING about the company are only going to be able to offer generic - blind - ideas.
                  So much for my idea of a robot monkey with a flame thrower as a logo mark for this company...

Comment

hey, if your company name is "Robot Monkey Death Squad" or something, that could work.

(If that's NOT your company name, maybe you should consider changing it to that.)
                    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I like it, telephone conversations or introductions would be great...

Welcome to Robot Monkey Death Squad, Estate Agents to the rich and Famous, How can we help you?

Robot Monkey Death Squad - your home in safe hands

Comment

Deceased Estates Bonanza.

Comment

A giant killer robot

Comment

martha the 2nd and you could have a gigantic two as your logo.

Comment

Hm...Interestink how Martha hasn't come back yet. Problem solved?

|
                              Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X