Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you letters

hi guys.

had to drop my portfolio off at a magazine company in nyc for the creative director to review, last week, they now want me to come pick it up and i wanted to leave 2 thank you letters behind, 1 for the creative director for reviewing my portfolio and 1 for the hr person i was in contact with.

however, i never written a thank you letter before, does anyone have any examples?
    all i have so far is something like "i would like to thank you for taking your time out to review my portfolio and an opporutnity to work with a great company/magazine."

for the hr person, thank you for all your time and assistance you have given me.

??

check here: http://www.quintcareers.com/sample_t...u_letters.html

There are actually lots of examples on google, too, if you don't like these.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

thank you morea. i wanted thank you letters that deal directly with our creative professions, dedicated to a creative director.

i am not sure if there is a difference with a regular thank you letter and what creative directors like to hear or see,

i hear different things in interviews, etc.

any advice would be helpful on if there is a difference.

thank you for the link.!

Comment

Hmm, I would think that the concept is similar in this instance regardless of the industry. Maybe someone else will chime in with some more informatio.

In the mean time, in case you haven't already seen it, let me point you in the direction of the frequently discussed topics thread, which has some excellent information about the job search process in general.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

remember this "thank you" is an opportunity to sell your qualifications and leave a positive impression on the boss. You're looking for a job as a creative so be sure that your letter isn't some run of the mill junk. one pointer would be do NOT use comic sans in the letter.

good luck
          Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by vtwin_gary
            One pointer would be do NOT use comic sans in the letter.
            hehe. That made me chuckle.

I don't have any reference sites. But I would suggest that you highlight SOME of your strengths, similar to your initial cover letter to your resume. But don't word it so it sounds exactly the same. Don't forget to expand upon your want/looking forward to hearing back from them in the future about a full time position with their corporation. Use the company name or their name when posible, adds that special personal touch...
            Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

If you are leaving these behind then I wonder if a really well designed and personally handwritten card could be more appropriate. A good card will be displayed, whereas a letter will be filed. And (neatly) handwritten cards I think show more sincerity.

Comment

That's smart ellamac. I would keep an attractive, handwritten card sitting on my desk for at least 1 week. A letter will get tossed.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Hello Guys,

How to write Business thank you email for freelancer (graphic designer) and received his invoice then discussed it with management .

Thanks waiting your prompt reply .

Comment

Hi Jameela and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
                    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Originally posted by ellamac View Post
                      If you are leaving these behind then I wonder if a really well designed and personally handwritten card could be more appropriate. A good card will be displayed, whereas a letter will be filed. And (neatly) handwritten cards I think show more sincerity.
                      that's a really good idea! instead of a letter, a beautiful handwritten card will work better.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PanToshi
                        Reply to Software that can do vector patterns?
                        PanToshi
                        Hi Thumper and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                        Today, 03:46 PM
                      • PanToshi
                        Reply to Looking for comments
                        PanToshi
                        Hi designers kent and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
                        Today, 03:46 PM
                      • PanToshi
                        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                        PanToshi
                        Hi Pobrien and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                        Today, 03:40 PM
                      • HotButton
                        Reply to Flyer Crtitique
                        HotButton
                        There are a lot of opportunities for refinement there, so it's best to start with a general corrective statement: Everything is too large. More specifically, there is no focal point; no hierarchy; no...
                        Today, 03:36 PM
                      • pobrien
                        Flyer Crtitique
                        pobrien
                        Hi,

I would greatly appreciate feedback on a flyer design for a promotional contest. I am transitioning from a 3D artist to more design work, so I know I have made some mistakes in spacing,...
                        Today, 01:12 PM
                      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                      Working...
                      X