Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to What Ya Think?
    kemingMatters
    Here's how it should work, you pay for the work regardless of whether the T-shirt sells, you pay extra if you want exclusive rights to the images/graphics. Otherwise, what are you offering that zazzle...
    Today, 06:13 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Your posts are still being moderated, once your name isn't orange you shouldn't have to deal with it anymore. I left the post because it's a touch different than your previous.
    Today, 06:03 PM
  • jellard
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    jellard
    I'm sorry if this message is a dulicate. I submitted a comment and never saw it post so I'm trying again.

The project I'm working on is not a logo itself but taken from a logo and would like...
    Today, 05:55 PM
  • Cosmo
    Comment on Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    Cosmo
    Same here. Sounds like a bad Japanese to English translation.
    Today, 05:47 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Something like this? Radial blur would work
    Today, 05:46 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume help...

I am thinking about reworking the layout of my resume and I could really use some input. This is the current layout, but not current work history, education etc. I am just trying to get a feel for what is and is not working as far as layout, logo, font, etc...

Last edited by Red Kittie Kat; 02-18-2008, 05:55 PM.

You might want to take your personal info off there Spunky

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

*prank calls*
      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

First, I suggest NOT doing a right-align. I think it throws people off, and there's no reason for it.

Maybe try adding a bit of color too. The Conner in the circles is a bit tough to read, not a big fan of that. YOu can play off those circles but make your name a bit more legible.

For content. I think you say "I" WAY too much. Try to keep it short and simple..of COURSE it was YOU who do this or that!

You also should REORDER your sections:

Objective (some like this some do not - your choice)
        Skills
        Work History
        Achievements
        Education

(I guess you could flip the last two around - doesn't really matter).

Hope that helps.
        | Valerie |
        "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
        -Ben Harper

Comment

I'm really having a difficult time reading the text because of the right justification.

You might want to consider that factor for your next layout because someome might miss something important.

The circles images stretching across the top also leave an unbalanced feeling for me. Others may feel differently and it may change if you change the justification.

Just some quick starters to give you food for thought.

Comment

watch the ragged left, agreed on not right aligning

make sectioning more apparent (bolds?)

i wouldn't do color since it seems more decorative than functional, although one or two spot colors could help

i dont see the point in having conner in the cirlces right under your name, and anywya, the placement of conner on the way left of the page makes reading the resume difficult

but overall there needs to be more contrast, everything looks the same (circles are as thin as the text, etc)

Comment

On a more serious review...

Flush right is a PITA to read.

No one cares about HS graduation, or schooling you never finished. Loose those. As a matter of fact, anything related to HS, loose it (community service completed).

Your job titles and how spaced out they are are REALLY annoying to look at.

If you know CS3, you know CS2. No need to get redundant there. Plus... "Knowledge of CS2 and CS3, Illustrator, Photoshop... It's all a pacakge - The coma is not needed there. With it there it reads as different programs. Make sure you don't list 'Quark' The full program name is "Quark XPress", what version are you up to date on with it?

That's all I got for now.
              Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

The conner inside the circles is what I was using for my logo. Is it really that hard to read? I kind of liked it like that because it looks more artistic but when you look twice it is my last name... As far as the right justification, I thought that it looked unique and would stand out when with others resumes... you guys don't think so?? as far as the content I agree....

BTW... dont call me lol

Comment

Ok I couldn't in good conscience leave that up there.

I took off your number, name and email.

Hope you don't mind the Mother in me came out lol

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Spunky Nerd
                    Is it really that hard to read?
                    Absolutely. I didn't even realize it had your name in it until the fourth or fifth look at your resume. I NEVER saw it in your signature...

Artsy? Sure.
                    Practical? Nope.

Comment

Yea...RKK mommy !

I wish my resume was nice and tidy like this. I am currently updating my resume for a collaborative arts project. I haven't touched it since 2002. Not a good thing when you have a curriculum vitae attached to the sucker. Crap. As I type, it sits down in my docked windows, waiting patiently for me to move out of my procrasnitation mode.

Comment

Also be careful how you word things. One of your sections is worded irrily close to how I have the SAME section worded on my resume which has been posted up here a few times. Not accusing you of anything or saying what it is, just saying it's quite.... odd.

Comment

I personally just list things on my resume instead of writing sentences.

So instead of:
                          I graduated from The Art Institute of Ohio-Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH, in June, 2007 with an Associates Degree in graphic design

I would have
                          June 2007
                          Associates Degree (graphic design)
                          The Art Institute of Ohio-Cincinnati
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint
                            Also be careful how you word things. One of your sections is worded irrily close to how I have the SAME section worded on my resume which has been posted up here a few times. Not accusing you of anything or saying what it is, just saying it's quite.... odd.
                            I did this resume in may 2007... I complied the logo, resume, my bC's and all that then, and added the externship in july 2006... I've only been a member here for like a week and have not seen your resume... just to clear things up...

Great minds think alike???

Comment

That's fine. I was just saying they are literally word for word, except two of the 'power words' are flopped in the sentences... *shrugs*

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X