Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    <b>
    One of the big "Ah Ha!" moments in art or design school is when the whole concept of negative space kicks in, along with the realization that it's been hiding in plain sight for years without...
    Today, 09:45 PM
  • Staisman
    Comment on Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    What exactly do you mean by the negative and the positive shapes? As I said before I am not a professional. This is my first use of the Illustrator and a logo creation. Well don't count my old one that...
    Today, 09:25 PM
  • Staisman
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Staisman
    Is it a good or a bad thing ? -...
    Today, 09:22 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Envelope Printing
    Designia
    Why because you didn't like what you were told?
    Today, 09:22 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    <b>
    Okay, you took all my points and ran with them.

Your solution isn't exactly what I would have done, but then again, it shouldn't be. You might want to experiment around a bit more to refine...
    Today, 09:09 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold CMYK

Could you please tell me a nice gold cmyk colour? I now it depents on the printing... but I would be happy to use something from the "veterans" here.

Thank you all

The problem with gold as a flat colour is that it just turns into a horrible yellowy-brown. Gold tends to be made up of lots of flecks of different colours.
    If you can't use a gold as an additional spot colour, then I would try to create an image - add noise to a white image in photoshop, motion blur it and then add a gold coloured over lay - it won't be the same as an additional colour but may make a good substitue

Comment

What Jam says. Gold is basically a yellowly orange colour, but it's refelctive. To obtain a gold, you either need to use a Pantone Gold spot colour or simulate the way gold looks psuedo-photographically (ie, fake the reflective properties in photoshop - it won't actually be reflective but you can make it look like it is reflecting either generic light and dark sources or other elements in the design depending on what is appropriate). I'm sure there are probably onlne tutorials for doing fake gold textures in photoshop.

Using a flat CMYK will rarely, if ever, look gold.

Comment

We use gold (PANTONE 873) in one of our logos at work. The CMYK break down for that logo is 3-20-81-18. Looks like ass, but it works for when we need to use it.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

here's a tutorial on Brushed Aluminum, this with a yellow/orange (0/30/100/0) photo filter might work
          Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

If using it for a logo you are creating, stick with a solid PMS color.
            Whether you specify an alternate or not in your standards is up to you, but highly recommended.

If doing a raster gold, be sure you have your printer's spec sheet available.

Comment

Gold is generally smoother than brushed aluminium, it doesn't usually have so many imperfections. Really, it's a yellowy orange that reflects light and dark around it, almost matt with minimal detail, in accordance with the shape of the gold object.

I once managed to fake a gold foil wrapper for a chocolate bar quite effectively using, if I recall correctly, a combination of noise clouds, Crystalise, a yellowy orange overlay and then fashioning the outline of the blocks of chocolate on a layer that I then multiplied over the top. The yellowy orange gives the basic gold colour and then the light and dark of the crystalise and the chocolate blocks gave the impression of dimension with reflection.

Comment

you can always simulate using gradients as well, ala web 2.0.
                Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks you all very much. Unfortunately the customer seems to prefers the cheaper cmyk gold than a pantone or an extra 5th colour (gold).

I told him that it will look like a yellowy-brown colour (like mustard colour i guess) but that's what he wants so... the customer's always right!

so thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by stefanosp View Post
                    Could you please tell me a nice gold cmyk colour? I now it depents on the printing... but I would be happy to use something from the "veterans" here.

Thank you all
                    Tried and Tested my own "Flat Gold" value with satisfactory results!
                    C - 15
                    M - 30
                    Y - 80
                    K - 10

Comment

This is over a year old designix ... I'll leave it .. but I doubt the OP is still looking for an answer

Closing this up

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X