Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Need color choice help on logo design...
    Lucifer
    What does this company do?
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    Roth
    You're in danger of having too many elements. If you're going to make something of the W being different, make it noticeably different (I assumed the Woodruff was in the W font, and took me a while to...
    Today, 04:46 AM
  • jwood
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    jwood
    Thanks for the thoughts and questions. I had several tries with the same font but it always looked too plain. The different fonts seemed to help the logo to stand out but still look professional. I'll...
    Today, 04:31 AM
  • EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese blockout?

Anyone have any idea where I can find a chinese blockout? I googled it and can't find anything!!! Thanks!
    Yeah? Well, bleed my run and tumble!

what's a blockout?
    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

It's the gobbledy goop that's used to block info, usually on a 2nd or 3rd part of a form. If you look at it closely, it's made up of chinese characters all squished together to "block" the sensitive info.

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever seen that lol

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

when producing a multi-part form (part 1: office, part 2: client, etc.), sometimes the bottom part will have a blackened area consisting of a bunch of gibberish letters overlapping, or squiggles, etc. so that the copy is illegible on the bottom layer(s). That's sometimes called a blockout. (I've never heard it called a chinese blockout though.)

I don't know where you can get a pregenerated one - maybe if you call your printer they would have a standard set up that you could use?
          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I AM the printer/graphic artist. I used to have a blockout but can't seem to locate it. I haven't had the need to use one in some time! I could always check with another printer, possibly. Maybe I can just make it a solid blockout. Shouldn't make any difference.

Comment

I know what you mean. That's weird that I can't find anything online either. When I worked at a printer that specialized in forms we had various size tiffs of it but I don't have access to any now sorry.

Red, its the black pattern that is on the 2nd or 3rd part of a carbonless form that covers up certain parts.

Comment

with a solid blockout, it may be easy to read the copy where you're not supposed to be able to, because there aren't all sorts of other squiggly lines to confuse the eye.

Are you printing it NCR or carbon interleaved? Sometimes instead of using a blockout you can use "spot carbon" paper so you don't have to worry about the writing being reproduced where you don't want it to be.
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Ahh ok Kool .. now I understand Thank you

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Morea - it will be on NCR. I'm wondering if maybe the guy making the plates might have access to a blockout. As far as being able to read through a solid black, I don't think that will be an issue, since I'm 99% sure he's making a separate plate for the 2nd and 3rd parts, so I can just delete that info and put in a black box - that way there's no chance of seeing anything cuz there won't be anything there!!!

Comment

I have a brand-new sheet in-which I can scan and email as a pfd to those who need it.

Comment

can't you just make one from a few layers of overlayed lorem ipsum or something?
                        The beginning is always today.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X