Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how important is monitor calibration?

when drawing pics digitaly, there is a huge color difference between lappy and pc monitor. the pic is much brighter or too bright on my lappy and the pc monitor is either ok or a bit too dark. since i want the color to show how they really are i thought of calibrating the monitor. now i m thinking if thats really necessary and i have been wondering when you actually do need to calibrate the monitor. i think when you design a website having a calibrated monitor is not that important since the colors are being displayed on every monitor differently anyway, unlike when you print out a design a calibrated monitor is important? where else is it important to have a calibrated monitor?

another question i thought of now: what if your monitor is calibrated and you design a website for a client. on your monitor everything looks good but on the client's it doesnt? do you adjust the colors so that it will look ok on the client's monitor or what do you do?

Every monitor will be different. The point of calibration is so you have consistant color throughout your own process. So you would calibrate your laptop, your pc monitor, your scanner, your printer, and anything else that deals with color so that you can get as close as possible. I have not done any calibration myself, other than internal software, but I plan to, and do think it is very important. For the best color mgmt imho however, is to use color swatches and books for print as often as possible - unless you already know how something will look through experience. And for web, test on as many machines as you can.

My own website that I designed on my mac at home looks how i want it to, but on my pc at work, the color shift is very apparent. No matter what, its not going to be consistant for visitors, so you just have to keep that in mind when you design.
    | Valerie |
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
    -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X