Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• iyiyi
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    iyiyi
    Why would I get an 8gb imac with a 7" smaller screen for $200 more than I can get a mac mini with 16gb and a 27" screen for?...
    Today, 07:03 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Anybody use a Mac Mini?
    Cosmo
    You can get a 21" iMac for $1099 with 8gb of memory (which is plenty). I would do that and then if you feel like you need more memory down the road, upgrade it. You can get 8gb of memory for under...
    Today, 05:50 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    <b>
    I like the look, but that isn't the same as saying it's right for the job.

If the card were actually for the Bronx Zoo, you'd need to consider the current branding of the zoo, then make your...
    Today, 05:25 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Personal Logo Suggestions
    Yehoshua
    Developed a personal logo. Suggestions or comments? Thanks!

JK for my initials....
    Today, 05:16 PM
  • Yehoshua
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    That's what I was looking for, thanks man. Do you have any tutorials or guides you could show me that could help me better understand typography and layout? That's probably been my biggest struggle thus...
    Today, 05:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how important is monitor calibration?

when drawing pics digitaly, there is a huge color difference between lappy and pc monitor. the pic is much brighter or too bright on my lappy and the pc monitor is either ok or a bit too dark. since i want the color to show how they really are i thought of calibrating the monitor. now i m thinking if thats really necessary and i have been wondering when you actually do need to calibrate the monitor. i think when you design a website having a calibrated monitor is not that important since the colors are being displayed on every monitor differently anyway, unlike when you print out a design a calibrated monitor is important? where else is it important to have a calibrated monitor?

another question i thought of now: what if your monitor is calibrated and you design a website for a client. on your monitor everything looks good but on the client's it doesnt? do you adjust the colors so that it will look ok on the client's monitor or what do you do?

Every monitor will be different. The point of calibration is so you have consistant color throughout your own process. So you would calibrate your laptop, your pc monitor, your scanner, your printer, and anything else that deals with color so that you can get as close as possible. I have not done any calibration myself, other than internal software, but I plan to, and do think it is very important. For the best color mgmt imho however, is to use color swatches and books for print as often as possible - unless you already know how something will look through experience. And for web, test on as many machines as you can.

My own website that I designed on my mac at home looks how i want it to, but on my pc at work, the color shift is very apparent. No matter what, its not going to be consistant for visitors, so you just have to keep that in mind when you design.
    | Valerie |
    "Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
    -Ben Harper

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X