Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Hi GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chankaleng and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 11:48 AM
  • bluenite
    Open corrupted qxp files
    bluenite
    I accidentally deleted a QXP file ver.9.1 (os win64). In the recycle bin wasn't too. After his recovery with Recuva I found him restored. But QXpress is not able to open. Message is the same as opening...
    Today, 11:09 AM
  • chankaieng
    Reply to Some of my sketches, my true passion!
    chankaieng
    Generally the above shows you ve got a good base in proportion for human and animals

in my opinion, your sketch can be improved if you can make the contrast stronger, you may make use of...
    Today, 08:29 AM
  • chankaieng
    Hi GDF!
    chankaieng
    Hi all, I'm Chan Ka Ieng, passionated in illustration, I would like to explorer here to get some great ideas and, at the some time I hope I can be insightful to interacte with members here, lets get improvement...
    Today, 08:19 AM
  • Serpent
    Looking for a logo Design for my Electronic/Software company!
    Serpent
    Designers with Atheistic, Serpent and Dragon 'inclinations' will be a added advantage.
    Anybody interested may please contact
    roythomas@uroborostech.in or uroborostech@gmail.com
    Today, 07:45 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians: what do you think of Bell Canada's new logo?

and total rebranding, for that matter?

http://www.bell.ca/home/
    Last edited by acousticmind; 08-13-2008, 04:21 AM.

i think its dumb, bring back the beavers!
    portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

I have no idea what the "er" highlighted in blue refers to, should I?
      sigpic
      The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity
      ~Rollo May

Comment

Originally posted by Two-Toe Tom
        i think its dumb, bring back the beavers!
        What? I don't remember beavers!
        sigpic
        ~Rollo May

Comment

don't you remember these guys?

portfolio | daily image | reffee

Comment

lol, silly me,
            Aww, I love those guys!
            sigpic
            ~Rollo May

Comment

the "er" thing was kind of a mystery advertisement campaign thing that they did

they posted billboards, bus ads and other such ads all over cities in canada with just a blank canvas, with a small "er" somewhere on it... then they added some graphic elements with the "er" subsequently, and now every ad's copy has the "er" highlighted in heavy blue on the completed advert as in for a bus shelter's ad: "Waiting for the bus just got a lot better"

Comment

for what they charge every month and the number of clients they must have, I would have thought that they could afford better.
                "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Their log isn't very striking is it. I don't find anything about their new campaign very memorable. At least with Frank and Gordon they had something that would stick in your mind. People would actually pay attention to them to see what new puns, gags, or trouble there would be in the new ads. the "er" idea is lost on anyone who hasn't seen it from the start. Case in point....me. I didn't understand it either so it was totally lost on me. At least with the mascots, you didn't have to follow the campaign to get it.
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I know I don't get out too much, but I missed that whole campaign.
                    It still doesn't make sense to me, why "er"?
                    sigpic
                    ~Rollo May

Comment

I wonder if it's like that iheartbees.com (or whatever that was) that came along with the Halo 2 release. Its just something to get people talking about them. Like we are now =D.
                      Take everything in moderation, even moderation.

Comment

I didn't think the beavers were used up yet, not like the Telus animals thing. As much as I loved those commercials, it's getting old. But what would you have to follow up that kind of ad campaign?
                        “I’m never gonna get used to the 31st century. Caffeinated bacon? Baconated grapefruit? ADMIRAL Crunch?”
                        Fry, Futurama

Comment

i personally didn't like the beavers at all.. I thought they were retarded, ugly and just really cheesy.. They got really old, really fast. Perhaps they should have had a campaign similar to Kokanee's "Ranger Live or Die" where we would get to watch them torture Gordon and Frank. Sweet relief!

Comment

*No beavers were harmed in the making of this thread.... but we'd like too*

Thankfully that Live or die campaign is over this weekend, that ran on forever... and they can determine what happens to with all of the write in votes and votes taken at party's... bah!
                            “I’m never gonna get used to the 31st century. Caffeinated bacon? Baconated grapefruit? ADMIRAL Crunch?”
                            Fry, Futurama

Comment

Originally posted by acousticmind
                              i personally didn't like the beavers at all.. I thought they were retarded, ugly and just really cheesy.. They got really old, really fast.
                              But. They're Beavers! What kind of person doesn't like beavers? I'll tell you what kind of person, not a very nice person at all. Or did you have some sort of traumatic beaver experience when you were a lad? Like, did they gnaw down your fort, or a tree - causing it to fall on your family while they slept? If so, my apologies - those dirty, dirty beavers can rot in a shallow grave.

If its really because you thought they were retarded, ugly and cheesy - that's just plain mean. You need to see through their hideous buck toothed grimace, their twisted contorted forms, their scaly, slimy paddle-tails, their rancid beaver breath, their beady, soulless eyes, their matted, flea-infested pelts - and see them for the truly special, beautiful creatures they really are.
                              . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X