Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite mouse/keyboard for graphic design?

My old keyboard is on its very last leg, and I am going to be getting a new one soon. I do a lot of graphic design and digital art, so I'm trying to decide what would be the best keyboard and mouse for this type of work. I have debated the apple keyboard and mighty mouse since I use a mac computer, but I think I will probably go with a 2 button mouse instead. I want one that is comfortable, looks good with my mac, and most importantly is very responsive and does a great job with this kind of work. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a older Mac Keyboard (white), and recently purchased a wireless mighty mouse. Both of which I love! If I upgraded my keyboard to a newer apple aluminum one, it would be for the cool factor and wireless.
    Professional Pixel Pusher — Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

the mighty mouse *is* a two button mouse (it's actually five, if you can get the ones on the side to work), but i've got a microsoft laser mouse i'm fond of. i can't stand microsoft, but they make good mice. when that one blows, though, i'm going to get a razer pro click: http://www.razerzone.com/p-99-proclick-v16.aspx

i would not trade my apple aluminum keyboard for any keyboard right now. it's the best apple keyboard i've used since the old extended II keyboard. small, lightweight, good response.
      Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

I use PCs so whatever that is worth in regards to mac compatibility. But I have always had good experiences with Logitech mice. I have had one for over 7 years that I still use with my laptop. As well as a newer one for my desktop.
        Tumblr Blog Thing

Comment

Originally posted by mojoprime
          i would not trade my apple aluminum keyboard for any keyboard right now. it's the best apple keyboard i've used since the old extended II keyboard. small, lightweight, good response.
          I totally agree with you there. I love the new apple keyboard. I'm lucky that I have it at home and a work now. When I type on a normal keyboard, it feels like hard work because the buttons are just so huge.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I'd definitly go with the new keyboard, just on the fact it won't collect as much gunk and dirt. I have a mac and I just have a cheapie 2 button logitech mouse. It works and that's all I care about. I know...how shallow of me! But, it is what it is.

Comment

I'm glad to hear all these positive reviews of the new Apple keyboard, I've been considering getting one. I definitely agree on the gunk and dirt factor, the white keyboard I have with the clear plastic enclosure is impossible to clean, unless I feel like taking the whole thing apart...which I don't.
              "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

On my mac, I'm using the Apple keyboard with a Logitech Mx1000 wireless mouse.

On PC, it's a Logitech S510 keyboard with Logitech VX Revolution Notebook mouse.

The tablet gets shared between both systems.

Comment

any old keyboard... and mouse, what mouse? WACOM BABY!!!
                  CNIC - noun [see - nick]
                  1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
                  2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
                  3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
                  For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

I have one of these at my home and I love it, plus the batteries last for about 4-5 months.
                    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by NTLemon
                      I use PCs so whatever that is worth in regards to mac compatibility. But I have always had good experiences with Logitech mice. I have had one for over 7 years that I still use with my laptop. As well as a newer one for my desktop.
                      I'm pretty sure almost any mouse is compatible back and forth, correct me if I'm wrong tho.
                      Take everything in moderation, even moderation.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews guys! I am thinking I will probably go with the apple keyboard and the razer pro....am still debating between it and the mighty mouse

Comment

I love logitech! Apple looks nice but not ergonomic enough.
                          Wants to go back to civilization..

Comment

love the aluminum board and mighty mouse. Regular plug in though...
                            The mighty mouse EATS batteries (from watching my boss change his all the time) and the wireless keyboard does not have a numeric pad which might not seem that crazy but I wouldnt want to be without it.
                            Philip Guston smoked a lot of cigarettes

Comment

Originally posted by D-Frag
                              I have one of these at my home and I love it, plus the batteries last for about 4-5 months.
                              dude i have the same keyboard and mouse and they rock so hard! i haven't had to change the batteries and i got it in january. the keyboard took a little getting used to but now it feels weird using a normal keyboard.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X