Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Can anyone help identifying this script typeface?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Eann and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 03:00 PM
  • Pat Angelo
    Reply to Laptop Bags
    Pat Angelo
    Yeah,go to shop and choose a suitable.
    Today, 01:32 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    Yeah, it's too bad new designers don't know them.
    I had a couple sub-vendor printers go completely offline for two weeks in November due to a Christmas crush. They didn't take any new orders for...
    Today, 01:07 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on Christmas cards
    PrintDriver
    You shouldn't be looking on google images... at least not without expecting to pursue permission to use the images. Google images is NOT a stock site, though some stock shows up in it.

There...
    Today, 01:01 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a good graphic design for a web design company?
    PrintDriver
    Very strange. You want someone to tell you how to set up a site so YOU will benefit?
    The Graphic Design part sounds like it will be very important to the success of your site.
    How much money...
    Today, 12:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OI!! Come back here with my stuff!!

Hi peeps
    I needto know something that is very important to me eating in the coming years! Right now I'm a bit clueless . Ok so I design a logo or some sort of graphic web or Print for a clientand send an initial design via email. Whats stopping the client then right clicking my work and running away never to be heard of again?

I mean how do u guys go about lettingclients seeyour work withoutworrying that they'llbe off without paying?and what safety precautions do u take before they see it?

If it's a dude down the road thats fine because you can just take a print to him or view it on a laptop. but what if it's a client further away?

Bit puzzled

Quin

Quin_uf, you protect yourself the same way that all small business's do. Rule #1 ALWAYS use a contract spelling out exactly what you are expected to provide and what the client is expected to provide. Rule #2: First time customers ALWAYS pay half down and half on delivery. The best way is to have a credit card authorization on file. If your client is hesitant to do these things there is probably a good reason. Rule #3 never send anything Hi res or vector until you have been paid. Proofs should be clearly watermarked PDFs with all the security you can attach to them. If a client really want's to rip you off they will. But if you have lots if paperwork and a credit card authorization it's a lot harder. I would advise every designer to spend a day hitting all the collection attorneys in town and offering your services at a discount for their services in return. BIG GIANT RULE ABOVE ALL OTHERS if you want to be a freelancer. Take some business courses! You are in effect a small business and there is a lot more to it than just design.

'I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.' Abraham Simpson

Comment

Solid advice Kool cheers
      Should be on top of it but I need to find out more about watermarks and protection options. It's very true that freelancing isnt just about design, as I'm learning, more and more. You are effectivly a small business and with that you are every dept in one i.e marketing, creative AND legal.

Nice one kool

Comment

Quin_uf said...

It's very true that freelancing isnt just about design, as I'm learning, more and more. You are effectivly a small business and with that you are every dept in one i.e marketing, creative AND legal.
        story of my life good advice Kool, nailed it my friend!

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X