Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Cover Layout Feedback
    PrintDriver
    Quite honestly?
    It's a cover for a project you've been working on.
    Because we do not know what your project was that is using this cover, there is no way to know if it works or not.
    Today, 11:10 AM
  • captain spanky
    Reply to Stickers
    captain spanky
    As far as sticker printers go... i can fully recommend http://stickerobot.com ...cheap and the quality is by far the best i've had. Some stickers i did nearly 8 years ago are still stuck out and about...
    Today, 09:22 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my eyes!

I'm not sure if there's a smarter way to do this but...

Whenever I want to test out fonts for my assignments/projects - I highlight the characters then proceed to scroll through the font selection tool - numbly pushing the down arrow key and staring vacantly at the text, hoping a font would fit.

After doing that for awhile, the words start to look funny and weird. Like it's spelled wrong or I can't even recognize the word anymore! This happen to anyone else?

BTW, feel free to suggest a better way to test out fonts. My eyes...

Get a font manager with a preview. Linotype Font Explorer comes to mind, if you're on a Mac.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

What program are you using, foo? Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign all have built-in font previews. You just need to turn them on in your Preferences.
      Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
      mediamainline.com
      cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I personally can't stand the built-in font previews. Plus, you have no control over the characters they display.

Comment

Yeah, they all display the word "Sample". But also, as we discussed before on Windows you can isolate that preview to only the top menu and of course choose a small preview size to minimize load time. So that way makes it convenient.

Oh yeah, and also it depends on what version of the Creative Suite you're using. Illustrator had it first, then Photoshop, then InDesign, with versions CS, CS2, and CS3 respectively (if my memory serves me correctly).
          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
          mediamainline.com
          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

I'm sticking with my font preview in Font Explorer X, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Heh... Well, I can't blame you there. But we'll have to see what system the OP is using, to tell if he can even use Font Explorer.
              Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
              mediamainline.com
              cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Aren't there equivalent programs for Windows? I mean that allow for font previews, where you can type your own sample type in?

Comment

I'm on Windows. Poor GD student got no moneyz for a Mac yet.

Yeah the 'sample' word is so friggin small

Comment

Originally posted by anothefoo View Post
                    I'm not sure if there's a smarter way to do this but...

Whenever I want to test out fonts for my assignments/projects - I highlight the characters then proceed to scroll through the font selection tool - numbly pushing the down arrow key and staring vacantly at the text, hoping a font would fit.

After doing that for awhile, the words start to look funny and weird. Like it's spelled wrong or I can't even recognize the word anymore! This happen to anyone else?

BTW, feel free to suggest a better way to test out fonts. My eyes...
                    it happens to me...everytime......
                    sigpic

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                    Working...
                    X