Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    garricks
    Judy, the description of the sub forum reads:

Jobs and Paying projects.NO SPEC WORK OR CONTESTS! PAID WORK ONLY! IF IT'S NOT PAYING WORK DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! If you don't want the job,...
    Today, 12:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dirt racing t-shirt design

once i have a template for a t-shirt how do i apply a particular drivers graphics to the template

Do you have permission to use the particular drivers' graphics???
    Legal issues there if you do not.
    Have you talked to your printer to find out how they want the files prepped?
    If you have the template, what program are you using to view it?

Comment

are you printing on the shirt or silk screening?
      Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

printing with roland versa camm sp 300 v i use flexi expert and also ps cs 2 i am starting shirt printing and have no real idea how to get drivers graphics that i designed for them on the cars in the shirts how to get that cartoon look and most dirt racers want an accurate looking car as far as astetics ie idler are a arms rollcage they want it to look like the real thing only cartoony so i was wondering how i go about it i just purchased a 15 x 15 heat press havnt recieved yet but wondering how i am going to do this before i tell people i can i want to make sure i can nothing worse than letting down a race car driver they are all pretty quick tempered lol all nice guys though so far i am new to the game have no schooling or formal training of any kind cut my teeth in paint shop pro 7 and 9 then got ps cs 2 and flexi expert at the same time have about 3 mos expoerience with both but i got my start designing cars for games like snh sas dirt track racing and also some local bands needing flyers for shows including my own then i just kind of had all this pro equiptment thrown in my lap and they said make it work and make me some money being a stay at home dad i figured this was my opportunity to work from home so i said i would try the investment was made and now here i am all the you could give would be greatly appriciated and please no cocky comments like go to school like the rest of us i really only want to hear from people that are interested in helping me turn a hobby into a bisuness i am getting hammered with car requests daily and my graphics cache is limited to a few aurora graphics cd's like duo chrome and platnim edition also i have some stuff i collected on the net mainly .eps swapmeet art stuff no real wrap software so to speak but yet most of my clientel wants wraps so i am forced to design my own with what i have but back to the issue at hand i got this press coming and i need to know how to take a drivers car graphics that are flat and 2 dimensional and intergrate them intoa 3 demensional car template on a shirt design helpful hints links anything i am totaly in the dark on this one and i already have drivers wanting me to print thier shirts sorry for being a wind bag and thanks in advace for any help
        im lost

Comment

I can't even begin to attempt reading that.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Printing with roland versa camm sp 300 v. I use flexi expert and also ps cs 2.

I am starting shirt printing and have no real idea how to get drivers' graphics on the cars (that I designed for them) on the shirts. I have no idea how to get that 'cartoon look', plus most dirt racers want an accurate looking car as far as asthetics (ie idler are a arms rollcage) - they want it to look like the real thing, only cartoony.

So i was wondering how I go about it. I just purchased a 15 x 15 heat press - haven't recieved yet but wondering how I am going to do this. Before I tell people I can, I want to make sure I can (nothing worse than letting down a race car driver, they are all pretty quick tempered lol. All nice guys though!)

So far I am new to the game, have no schooling or formal training of any kind, cut my teeth in paint shop pro 7 and 9 then got ps cs 2 and flexi expert at the same time.

I have about 3 month's experience with both but I got my start designing cars for games like snh sas dirt track racing and also some local bands needing flyers for shows (including my own) then I just kind of had all this pro equiptment thrown in my lap and they said "make it work" and (thought I'd) make me some money.

Being a stay at home dad I figured this was my opportunity to work from home so I said I would try. The investment was made and now here I am.

All the help/advice you could give would be greatly appreciated and please no cocky comments like "go to school like the rest of us". I really only want to hear from people that are interested in helping me turn a hobby into a business.

I am getting hammered with car requests daily and my graphics cache is limited to a few aurora graphics cd's like duo chrome and platnim edition. Also I have some stuff I collected on the net (mainly .eps swapmeet art stuff), no real wrap software to speak of, but most of my clientel wants wraps.

So I am forced to design my own with what I have. But back to the issue at hand - I got this press coming and I need to know how to take a driver's car graphics that are flat and 2 dimensional and intergrate them into a 3 dImensional car template on a shirt design.

Helpful hints, links, anything! I am totaly in the dark on this one and I already have drivers wanting me to print thier shirts. Sorry for being a wind bag and thanks in advace for any help.
            im lost

(is that any better?)
            Want to know what a true friend is? One who walks in when the world walks out.

Comment

Get their picture and get used to the pen tool to do the outlines to fill in the color. It's a start. Then once you get used to that, you can then alter it for a more "cartoony" look. If you have natural art talent, then it's only a matter of using the tools.
              This is "how to draw magna" even if you don't like the style you can use the techniques to get that cartoon look.
              http://www.mangatutorials.com/

To learn the tools. lynda.com seriously money well spent at only $25/mo. It's not school so much as intensive video tutorials geared at learning the tools such as photoshop.

Aurora graphics ...well...suck. lol. Make your own effects - you'll have much more control and it will definitely be better for your customers.

I would suggest getting the Alien SKin filter plugins for photoshop.
              http://www.alienskin.com/

Then look at goMedia brush and vector packs
              http://gomedia.us/arsenal/

then look at this guys brushes as they are nicely sized for wide format.
              http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/artistli...st=486918&_m=d

Wrapping vehicles is an artform in itself. Check with your vendors on classes well worth the class money if you haven't ever had a chance to work under a wrap installer.

How to take a drivers car graphics that are flat and 2 dimensional and intergrate them intoa 3 demensional car template on a shirt design?

redraw them.

Unless you really truely want to get into 3-d and spend a whole lot of extra time on building a model and integrating the 2d graphics, then it will indeed be faster and easier to just redraw the graphics into shape. Sometimes learning how to skew the raster based artwork in photoshop may help. You also want to look into transform mesh, and other such deform filters.

Other tips is to use background images from a stock photo site. There's a post in the resources forum which have several stock photo sites listed. I've found everything from real flames to barbed wire, to distressed diamond plate.

We do several wraps of all sorts of vehicles, bikes and even rc cars.

If your machine is the 30" model it may be too small to do decent full car/truck wraps. The 54" is what I would consider the minimum.

Jade

Comment

oh ya, punctuation and breaks in the post help too. Effort to communicate to us in a more readable way, will get you more (and better) answers. It doesnt' have to be perfect, but it is way more readable.

just saying.....
                Jade

Comment

I actually do a lot of car related t-shirt designs. The best thing to do is get some photos of the car and find an interesting angle that works well. Then illustrate the car utilizing the colors you want for the shirt design.

Drop in any text and graphics around the car in a manner that flows.

Hope that helps you out. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions...I've been doing car t-shirt designs for over 17 years now.
                  tmooregraphics
                  Horsepower For Your Business!
                  Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

thanks for all your help guys

as far as school or seminars or video tutorial

for one i am limited to 56 k for a connection so downloading vids is not an option

for second i am a stay at home dad so cant leave

and i was kind of hoping there was an easy way to do the shirts i kind of figured that there wasnt though

i will check out the backgrounds you reffered and yes i agree aurora graphics suck for the price you pay
                    i really expected them to be alot more manipulatable as far as taking the layers apart and such

i have alien skin 4000 plug im pack but i seem to be losing transparency when importing into flexi expert

as far as the shirts go it seems i will most likely not to be able to provide the quality of shirt i would like due to a great deal of inexperience and knowledge

once again thank you all for your help

Comment

could you elaborate more on illustrate the picture
                      ( i know this is a glowing example of my inexperience but if you willing to explain im willing to try to understand ) tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by cergraphics View Post
                        could you elaborate more on illustrate the picture
                        Well, I use Adobe Illustrator and illustrate my cars for my shirt designs. I do all of my T-shirt designs in Illy with spot colors for screen printers to use for easy color separations/printing.
                        tmooregraphics
                        Horsepower For Your Business!
                        Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

thank you for the input

so what you saying is you design all your shirts in illy by breaking everything down into paths and fills
                          do you have any templates for cars or all freehand lines and paths ?

Comment

YNOT will you please shoot me an email? I have some more detailed questions for you. Was wondering if you would be interested in doing some art work?

Comment

If you are talking about templates of specific model cars, that's not the way to go. Anyone who designs race or auto-related designs for shirts pretty much draws them from scratch. You might check some of the various screen printing forums for help. There are usually artists there who do cars, and some show off their designs on the forums to give you ideas. They might give you some tips if you ask.
                              No cell phone, no Facebook, no iAnything. Am I missing something?

Comment

• KitchWitch
                                KitchWitch commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You know this thread is three years old, right?
                            Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X