X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...well then, to fulfill your thoughts:

No! you'll never be a designer! You can't see colour, so you can't make things look cool! And you smell like a toad! go away! you make my knees hurt! You and your "Colour Blindness" make my pets cry!

Seriously tho, you'll be fine.
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

side note, i sometimes still ask my wife what color shirt/pants/socks I have picked out. I have some green and brown shirts that i get confused with especially and rather not wear the same color shirts day after day. Funny though I have a few brown button-downs that are striped (thin lines) and I kept wanting to have a green one and she asked why since i can't see, i said everything is in the brown/chocolate color i wanted something different.

But she hates when I try and help pick out paint. drives her nuts when i say "no, no, no" she tells me to shut up and stop trying to help.

I found a neat test on the ColorMunki website that had you move colors on a slider from one tone to the other and it told you how bad you were (or good) I think out of 100 i scored near 30. worse than i thought.
      Dribbble Page
      Behance Portfolio
      Linkedin Profile

Comment

Do everything B&W .... Ansel Adams has great stuff out there.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

Haha bladez thanks. feeling a little sarcastic today are we? and BJMR its funny i have the same problems with clothes to. sorta gotta ask people. Its tough to get through but i think i can manage. And what is wrong with the pay of graphic design?

Comment

Originally posted by trapster-mk View Post
            Haha bladez thanks. feeling a little sarcastic today are we?
            Bladez saracastic? Nah that never happens.
            (and it's not just today... trust me it's all the time and when I say all the time I mean ALL the time!)

As for the pay of designers... pretty crappy in my area of the world.
            I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

We don't do graphic design and other artistic type stuff for the pay Trapster...*LOL* There's a reason we're called "Starving Artists"

And I'm not always sarcastic!!! Only on days that end in 'Y' (so yesterday, today...but tomorrow I won't be!) *LOL*
              Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
              | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

I am not a designer but I think its quite hard to design if you are color blind. Its one of designer assets to be good in color combination,isn't it? Anyway all their opinions make sense why don't you try..Good Luck!

Comment

ahah whats your area of world?

Comment

It's not as hard as one might think, if you follow the recommendations made above. Now, if you try to hide it the whole time and never ask for someone to have a look at the colours, then yea....it's gonna be a real challenge. Especially when you have to give a good reason as to why your grey looks more green....*LOL*
                    | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by trapster-mk View Post
                      ahah whats your area of world?
                      Bladez and I live in Canada.
                      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

I agree with Bladez. It is defninitely do-able with colour blindness, but it is important to get someone else's input on your colour choices just to be safe. I'm colour blind and always get a second opinion (usually from my wife).

I really don't find that it affects my design work very much though.... unless I was asked to design some colour blindness tests. That might be an issue.

Comment

haha nice JMV. Audentia whats the problems with graphic designing in Canada. there are plenty amazing jobs out there for graphic designers

Comment

We're not saying that there's not plenty of jobs available, or that there's anything wrong with it. We're just saying that Graphic Designers don't rake in the big bucks, especially when compared to say, an engineer. My dad is a journeyman machinist and makes a TON of cash, because it's such a specialized trade, and it's a declining trade. These days, designers are a dime a dozen and the market is over saturated. We don't design because we wanted to make big money. We design because we are artistic and creative and enjoy doing it. We still make enough to live comfortably, but money has nothing to do with choosing this career path.
                            | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Originally posted by Bladez View Post
                              We don't design because we wanted to make big money. We design because we are artistic and creative and enjoy doing it. We still make enough to live comfortably, but money has nothing to do with choosing this career path.
                              And there's the whole "no pants" thing.
                              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

*LOL* If I can design in my underwear, no pants, I'm a happy man
                                | Karl Marx |

| Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                                Working...
                                X