Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage illustrations

I'm looking for some of those old-skool vintage illustrations that you used to see back in the day for a project I am working on. Anything of the romantic nature is preferred.

Thankfully I have attached an image of something similar to the look I am seeking because my descriptive nature has failed me today, lol.

And if anyone knows the exact term, other than "vintage" so I can search for it online, that would be great.

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Files
    I'm the girl who doesn't know anything, lol...
    ~Loop~

Have you checked out any of the Dover 'clip art' publications? I gotta say though, I don't remember any quite this date-ish.

^that image would be vintage (looks like the illustration work from the old Reader books from my grade school days) – with the exception of the silly flourish.

There may be some online resources I could dig up but you would probably have to pay $.

Comment

Aren't all the Dover collections black and white? I could be wrong...

blog/portfolio

Comment

yea, I'd definitely call it vintage. And if you do a quick search for the Dick and Jane and/or See Spot Run books, you'll see that the artwork (same style) is also referred to as vintage.
        Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
        | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
        | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

As much as it probably shouldn't be labelled this way, I suspect you'll find appropriate images searching with "retro" as well as "vintage".
          at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Veer has a decent amount of vintage style images.
            Tumblr Blog Thing

Comment

It looks like something Dover might carry. Dover's been moving into color lately. You can go to their website and sign up for free samples.

http://store.doverpublications.com/

Comment

A quick search for 'Vintage Illustration' at istockphoto returns over 27,000 images.

I waded through the first 10 pages but didn't find anything like your example, but it may be worth trying with a few more keywords to narrow down the results?

Comment

it reminds me of those paper cut out things you get - like stickers but not sticky, I don't have a clue what they're called so probably not much help!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X