• yhd007
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I asking about the salary in the US.
    Today, 12:26 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Graphic Designer salary
    Cosmo
    There is no "average". What may be a great salary here may be below poverty level in other places. And, different companies pay different amounts.
    Today, 12:22 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Pantone, CMYK question for printing using Illustrator CS6
    Cosmo
    Nobody is asking anyone to teach. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is if you are unsure as to how to send a file to a printer, call them and ask. For instance, in the packaging world Illustrator...
    Today, 12:19 PM
  • yhd007
    Graphic Designer salary
    yhd007
    I joined this forum recently and received a lot of love from my fellow members. So I thought I'd ask this. I'm from India and would be moving to the US to pursue college. My major will be graphic design....
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to RGB + CMYK
    PrintDriver
    Considering what you posted in your introductory thread, and the questions you just asked here, are you really in a space where you should be offering "professional" services as a "designer"?...
    Today, 11:30 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segoe Font needed

I need a font named Segoe (regular, italic, bold & bold italic) I have this font for my mac but I need a PC version. I do not need the Segoe UI, Segoe Print or Segoe Script versions. Does anyone know where I can get this?

The segoe font I have on my mac has a file extension of .suit. If there is a way to convert this to be able to work on a PC that would be fine also.

Any help is appreciated!

Segoe is a Microsoft Brand font. It's a little harder to obtain. You'd have to purchase it for the PC to convert it properly. Or get it from the client if they have it. I had to get it from them directly.
    - Jen

"You cannot soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys"

My blog

Comment

There's a huge licensing problem with Segoe - as far as I know it's not available anywhere, a bitter row between Microsoft and Linotype over the similarity between Frutiger.

Is Segoe UI not similar? Or perhaps Frutiger would suffice?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cre8tivDirector View Post
        Segoe is a Microsoft Brand font. It's a little harder to obtain. You'd have to purchase it for the PC to convert it properly. Or get it from the client if they have it. I had to get it from them directly.
        Sharing fonts is illegal.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
          Sharing fonts is illegal.
          Sorry let me clarify that a bit better. I work at microsoft. I couldn't obtain the font on my own, I had to get it through them. I don't know that it's available for purchase any other way.
          - Jen

My blog

Comment

I will look to see if the UI version is close. I looked on the Microsoft website and this is what it said

Segoe UI and Segoe are not the same font. Segoe UI is the Windows font intended for user interface text strings. Segoe is a branding font used by Microsoft and partners to produce material for print and advertising.

I was wondering if the latter was even available to buy for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ktsbatis View Post
              I will look to see if the UI version is close. I looked on the Microsoft website and this is what it said

Segoe UI and Segoe are not the same font. Segoe UI is the Windows font intended for user interface text strings. Segoe is a branding font used by Microsoft and partners to produce material for print and advertising.

I was wondering if the latter was even available to buy for PC.

As far as I know, it is no longer available.
              - Jen

My blog

Comment

Now I was looking to see if I could even buy the Segoe UI fonts and can't seem to find anything. Is this available to buy anywhere?

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X