Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• AutumnSong
    Reply to Business Name Ideas
    AutumnSong
    Thank you Pan Toshi. Your point is well taken, I'm happy to be a part of this community!
    Today, 02:26 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Company Logo Rebranding Critique
    Pavlo
    Yes, I get that clients can have what they want because they are paying for it.

But that's not the point of the role of a graphic designer is it?

Also, this is a forum for graphic
    Today, 01:27 AM
  • garricks
    Comment on Happy Friday!!
    garricks
    Oh, crap. I've done that. Not fun. Take care hon!
    Today, 01:05 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Recommendation request: online proofing tool
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF CALM

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Business Name Ideas
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Autumn

Seems a bit silly to have random strangers throw names at a wall to see what sticks, no? We don't know anything about you or your business, really. What have you come...
    Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segoe Font needed

I need a font named Segoe (regular, italic, bold & bold italic) I have this font for my mac but I need a PC version. I do not need the Segoe UI, Segoe Print or Segoe Script versions. Does anyone know where I can get this?

The segoe font I have on my mac has a file extension of .suit. If there is a way to convert this to be able to work on a PC that would be fine also.

Any help is appreciated!

Segoe is a Microsoft Brand font. It's a little harder to obtain. You'd have to purchase it for the PC to convert it properly. Or get it from the client if they have it. I had to get it from them directly.
    - Jen

"You cannot soar with eagles if you surround yourself with turkeys"

My blog

Comment

There's a huge licensing problem with Segoe - as far as I know it's not available anywhere, a bitter row between Microsoft and Linotype over the similarity between Frutiger.

Is Segoe UI not similar? Or perhaps Frutiger would suffice?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Cre8tivDirector View Post
        Segoe is a Microsoft Brand font. It's a little harder to obtain. You'd have to purchase it for the PC to convert it properly. Or get it from the client if they have it. I had to get it from them directly.
        Sharing fonts is illegal.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post
          Sharing fonts is illegal.
          Sorry let me clarify that a bit better. I work at microsoft. I couldn't obtain the font on my own, I had to get it through them. I don't know that it's available for purchase any other way.
          - Jen

My blog

Comment

I will look to see if the UI version is close. I looked on the Microsoft website and this is what it said

Segoe UI and Segoe are not the same font. Segoe UI is the Windows font intended for user interface text strings. Segoe is a branding font used by Microsoft and partners to produce material for print and advertising.

I was wondering if the latter was even available to buy for PC.

Comment

Originally posted by ktsbatis View Post
              I will look to see if the UI version is close. I looked on the Microsoft website and this is what it said

Segoe UI and Segoe are not the same font. Segoe UI is the Windows font intended for user interface text strings. Segoe is a branding font used by Microsoft and partners to produce material for print and advertising.

I was wondering if the latter was even available to buy for PC.

As far as I know, it is no longer available.
              - Jen

My blog

Comment

Now I was looking to see if I could even buy the Segoe UI fonts and can't seem to find anything. Is this available to buy anywhere?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X