X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon?

So I'm curious, today is the first day of Groupon having their one day coupons available in Calgary. So it's all the buzz in my office right now.

Anyone in another city ever subscribed to them? Or actually bought one of their deals?

We are wondering, in office today, if it's marketing that is really worthwhile or more of a cash grab...
    (and then on the flip side as the customer if it's really a good deal or there are lots of strings attached)
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

They're fun.
    And the deals are genuine.

One of the guys here got a cut-price ride at Formula One near Boston and had a blast.

It's literally a coupon. You still have to go, make your own arrangements, book an appointment and generally do all the leg work but it's still a coupon worth exactly what it says it's worth. There may be blackout dates and times as well.

I signed up about a month ago. Most of my groupons are for food at places I wouldn't normally go to cuz of price or distance.

You gotta check out the Side Deals too.

The write-ups can be a little tongue-in-cheek dorky.
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-11-2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I signed up here in Philadelphia. I took advantage of a spa coupon. The owner was very nice and glad that Groupon was working.
      *sings* "I am slowly going crazy 1.2.3.4.5.6. switch. Slowly crazy am I going 6.5.4.3.2.1. switch"

Comment

Signed up for Groupon a while ago and the unsubscribed shortly their after when none of the coupons were for things I liked.
        Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by CkretAjint View Post
          Signed up for Groupon a while ago and the unsubscribed shortly their after when none of the coupons were for things I liked.
          Ditto...although I didn't unsubscribe...but it's been several months now and still nothing I would jump at. Some friends are really happy with it, mostly the Mani/pedi spa crowd. I don't need a mudpack.
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I usually get my stuff in the side deals. And like I said, it's mostly food here.
            I'd say in Boston we get a pretty good 50/50 split between the girly junk and the fun-to-do stuff. Who wouldn't want a 1 hour flying lesson in a helicopter. Or a discount race package at Formula One, or a half price 2 hour schooner cruise around the harbor?
            But you're right. I pass on the pedicure.

It might take a while for the better businesses in a new city to offer groupons. A lot of them might look at it a little sideways due in part to their write ups. But I think those are fun. At first you might get the smaller Nails and Curls places.
            Last edited by PrintDriver; 08-11-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

signed up sawa a lot of Spas and Restaurants coupons.
              went to the Zoo for a birthday and two days later there was a Half Off Zoo Coupon.
              Arrrgh
              Dribbble Page
              Behance Portfolio
              Linkedin Profile

Comment

Tons of great deals on Groupon here in Minneapolis. I think it just really depends on the market.
                *insert inane quote here*

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X