Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• fine1
    Reply to Project Ideas. HELP!
    fine1
    sometimes looking at a thesaurus helps me to see the "word" in a different manner, to induce creativity
    Today, 11:42 PM
  • redeyesi
    Reply to New Logo for a Glass Bottle Cutting Device
    redeyesi
    I'm liking this idea as an alternative...
    Today, 11:39 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Biggest Resume Mistakes and How to Correct Them
    PrintDriver
    Some common sense there. Typos are deal killers.

The part about confidential info...unless the interviewer knows it's confidential how do they know it's a leak? I guess by the way it's worded...
    Today, 11:12 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Project Ideas. HELP!
    PrintDriver
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think you are going to find that being a designer means coming up with ideas on your own. If you come up with ideas, we'll critique them for you, but we aren't...
    Today, 11:04 PM
  • paulw_69
    Project Ideas. HELP!
    paulw_69
    Hey guys I'm new here, my name is Paul and I got my associates degree in graphic design from Tunxis Community College. I am now continuing my education at the University of Hartford. I have an assignment...
    Today, 10:33 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F:ART - my movie.

Hi Guys,

I'm currently making a short movie about a painting. It's called 'F:ART'. 'F--k ART'. I have given up alcohol for 1 month and I'm putting the time I spent drinking and recovering from my hangovers into producing a triptych painting. It's a 9' x 4' acrylic on board work. I should have loads of time to do it! It's a forced docu style movie with a few twists. Ego boost time!

I would say you guys have some favourite art works and maybe some websites that have cool stuff. Please feel free to point me in the direction that is good modern art!

Hu
    I haven't seen a mirror yet that doesn't like me.

Hmm. Okay. Here's one of my favourite works of art:

The artist was PieroManzoni.

In 1961, Piero 'created' Merde d' Artiste, his most famous work which consisted of 90 sealed cans filled with... well, 30grams of his own excrement. It was intended as a commentary on the foolishness of the art-buying public, and priced at $34 a can (apparently, the same price as 30g of gold, in 1961).

In the year 2000, the Tate Gallery in London paid $33,000 for one of these cans (can #4, for you serious collectors). As an investment, it was shrewd: can #19 sold in 2007 for $80,000 at auction.

It probably helped that Piero dropped dead from a heart attack two years after he revealed this creative project (and only 29).

To me, this work represents one of the supreme examples of the values inherent in so much of the contemporary art scene. In modern art, it's true that s**t is only as valuable as the a**hole it came out of.

Comment

Hmm what are you defining as "modern" art? From 1950ish to today?

Comment

Modern? Hmm... around 1860 to 1970's. Post-modern? Sequels.

Comment

Yeah, the '50s were coming to the tail end of the modern era.

Once everything got boiled down to minimalism and pure concept art, Modern art had run its inevitable course.
          Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

I should have left the word 'modern' out as it's not what this is about. More so 'contemporary' art. I would be interested in any stuff that you think is pretty cool.

H

Comment

Contracted rubber bands.

Comment

Do yourself a yummy flavor and watch Banksy's Exit Through The Gift Shop.

Great stuff!

In today's world I like Koons and Banksy and some of my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Grfk Dzgn View Post
                  Do yourself a yummy flavor and watch Banksy's Exit Through The Gift Shop.

Great stuff!

In today's world I like Koons and Banksy and some of my stuff.
                  I'm dying to see it. a friend has it so I'm gonna borrow it. right up my alley!

h

Comment

netflix ondemand has it

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Banksy released a B movie about himself which I got a heads-up on when he released it about a week ago now ...but sure enough I can't find it still up on the interwebs anywhere

It was a bunch of critical comments / interviews from contemporaries such as Hirst et al. and Banksy chatting about his up and comings.

If you're contemporary art boundaries include other disciplines, I would def include fashion designer Alexander McQueen (R.I.P.).

Comment

so no art ideas then?

H

Comment

I really enjoyed Exit Through the Giftshop. More about the process of the film (which created a monster) than the artist that the documentary was supposed to be about. It would be very interesting dissecting this movie and it's concept vs the final product. Mr Brainwash (in the movie) is such an interesting character that really screams F*** Art.
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I have a 9' x 4' blank canvas in front of me. And I just spent 150 on paints and brushes. No idea of what to paint! So daunting.

H

Comment

Paint a piece and sell it for less than €150. There would be an interesting concept to making artwork at a loss or as a statement about the value of art. Tobias Wong's Money Pad piece springs to mind.

Or work out how much $ you have saved by not drinking alcohol and do something based on that amount?
                              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X