Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Today, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    We have a $250,000 digital printer and the backups can be up to 2mm out. That is within specifications.

So the answer is no. It's near impossible to get a printer that is bang on. Which is...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font
    garricks
    Looks like it's not a free font. But $25 for four fonts in a typeface is really reasonable.
    Today, 07:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMS Code for Ivory

Hi guys,

I'm in urgent need of your help, i need to know the PMS number for Ivory, ive searched all over but i cant find it.
    CAn anyone helpl please? i need to get back to my client tomorrow

Many Thanks

Did you try this

http://tinyurl.com/42prdut

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Yes, but it shows either Dark Ivory or a not so true colour oof ivoy

I really need to know what the "official" pms code is.

For example google says that ivory is pms-608 yet look at the difference between:

Googles ivory code: http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone...spx?c_id=34086

and true ivory: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...iw=967&bih=807

Its much darker, i need a the latter

Originally posted by eugenetyson View Post

Comment

PMS colors are not named. I could give you any number of pms numbers for what I think Ivory is. You need to get a sample of what you think is ivory and match it physically to a chip in the Pantone book. Or something that can be cross referenced, like a Benjamin Moore (or other paint company) color number.

Comment

Originally posted by muffiee View Post
          I really need to know what the "official" pms code is.
          There is no such thing.

As PrintDriver said, Pantone colors don't match up to anything except Pantone's own matching system. There are several named PMS base colors, but all the rest are simply numbered.

Colors like ivory, cinnamon, teal, beige, fuschia or even orange, grey or pink aren't precise colors. They're just imprecise names that people seem to apply to general ranges of colors. You might go to a paint store and find a color called "ocean delight," but it's a made-up name that only applies to their particular color system. Or you might be doing web design and specify ivory as a color, but that ivory is also just a made-up name that corresponds to a specific hexadecimal and RGB value.

Pantone doesn't match their numbering system to these general names or any other color naming systems. If you want a PMS color to match your sample of ivory, you'll need to pick whatever numbered PMS color from a Pantone swatch book that you think is closest, and the likelihood of it being an exact match is slim.

Comment

You will need a Pantone book.

Colours vary from eye to eye and gender to gender - here's a whimiscal yet perculiarly accurate infographic on how girls and boys see colours

Comment

That's an incredibly accurate chart there Eug.
              The thing it doesn't tell you is that to a guy, all 6 colors of pink look like one color. Same for the green, although you might get a Light green and a Dark green if pressed...
              LOL.

Comment

I love that chart!
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" ľ Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ha - yeh I can see where you'd be pressed for dark or light green.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                  Working...
                  X