X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio+Identity

Conceptually would it be frowned upon to use some variation or combination of hands or a bird for a personal logo? I'm a recent design graduate and after much thought, use of lists, questions and reflection I'd like to use those symbols to reflect upon my goals, my work ethic and personality. I'm trying to be vague purposely so that if there is a hint of this working I can find the solution on my own as I'm trying to challenge myself and make it as individualistic as possible.

Just wondering if it's so overdone that I shouldn't even bother to continue this past my sketches. I've been hard pressed to find these actual ideas in use, especially for personal design identities. After much thought it is something that I feel captures my spirit and means something to me and I do realistically want to pursue this- how much more thought should there be? Part of me says to stop here and let instinct take over. It follows my brief, the way I'd like to execute it seems purposeful, appropriate and memorable- just wanted a second opinion of those active in design.

Originally posted by 261311 View Post
    Conceptually would it be frowned upon to use some variation or combination of hands or a bird for a personal logo?
    I see nothing wrong with the concept; it's the implementation and execution that will make or break your idea. There are certainly other hand and bird logos, but if yours is unique, interesting and aesthetically worthwhile, I sure don't see a problem.

Comment

Have a look at other bird/hand logos and strive to do something different.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

If you can make it personal - go for it I dont see any problem if it comes from genuine inspiration.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X