Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to Latest Bloomberg Businessweek Cover
    skribe
    Wow. I would be hanging my head in shame if I created that, and it got published all over the world.
    Today, 06:23 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Please Help
    skribe
    What you have there looks like it is embroidery possibly by hand....
    Today, 06:07 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    @Printdriver Nice find. So I just had to do some digging to keep in practice. The original design was done by an individual named John Le aka Dragonkhn. Apparently the Backtrack group did use it originally...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • skribe
    Comment on Logo design for Game Developer
    skribe
    Double yikes!
    Today, 04:57 AM
  • PrestoArts
    Reply to Logo design for Game Developer
    PrestoArts
    So help me understand if you don't mind me further pestering you all. I like the "concept" of a dragon wrapping around a word. I've done some sketches trying different things. Am I in the wrong...
    Today, 01:15 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying on the Sly

Hey everyone...

Quick question for you on-the-move ppl..

How do you go about applying for other jobs when you're currently employed..

yaknow... submitting resumes with your current employer's name and number, etc.
    to potential employers without getting your ass fired when/if they call for references??
    I'm a bit perplexed. Any help, appreciated.

[img]/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

btw... don't ...yaknow... tell my boss I'm askin :P

On my resume I listed my current employer as Confidential, supplying no contact information. In fact, I don't recall ever listing any employers contact information on my resumes or applications unless specifically asked. No company should be calling around on you prior to your first interview or contact.

I usually go for the default 'References available upon request.' Most of the time, you can tell a potential employer the situation and they will respect it.

Post Edited (lfredericks) : 4/23/2004 4:42:53 PM GMT

Comment

exactly what lfredericks said...
      once i had an interview for a job in the same building and my current job's 'other' location (talk about risky), but i explained to them the situation and they even setup my interview for a weekend...

Taylor

www.standercreative.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X