Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a excellent Logo Designer?

Can anyone tell me how to become a accellent logo designer?
    "Honesty Is The Best Policy"

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=72966

blog/portfolio

Comment

If you're working in English, you might want to work on developing some spelling 'accellence'.
      [g]

Comment

that's just the basics virgo, i wanna be accellent! specifically ebook logos

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Well anything ebook related is going to be a totally separate can of worms.

blog/portfolio

Comment

It's REALLY easy. Go here, https://accellentcareers.silkroad.com/ and send them a resume.

Comment

OK, give it a rest. We know English isn't the OP's first language. No reason to make fun. I'd like to hear you guys speak Bengali perfectly.

blog/portfolio

Comment

I wasn't trying to be facetious -- a lot of service work (including graphic design) is being shipped overseas to markets where the wages are much, much lower. If this is the kind of shop or market that the OP is hoping to get into, spelling is going to be nearly a make or break as far as earning the client's (and possibly the employer's) trust.

Comment

Many years of practice, good people skills, and a burning interest in learning every detail of whatever industry you happen to be designing for. There are no shortcuts.

Comment

Work in a signshop for 5 years. You'll know what not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by anaxa77 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me how to become a accellent logo designer?
                      Yes.

Comment

You don't have to master Illustrator or photoshop or Indesign.
                        Being a master at using tools doesn't make you a carpenter if you don't know how to BUILD the house you've been contracted to build.

Learn the theory. Then use the tools to apply the theory.

Comment

PD you are full of awesomeness! That is a great point/quote.
                          Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.
                          - Randy K. Milholland

Comment

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
                            OK, give it a rest. We know English isn't the OP's first language. No reason to make fun. I'd like to hear you guys speak Bengali perfectly.
                            Heck, English IS my first (and unfortunately only) language and I'm an absoultely horrible speller. I couldn't even imagine how bad my spelling would be in a 2nd language.

I've got major respect for anyone that is able to learn multiple languages.

Comment

I think it has a bit to do with being vigilant about spelling. The more you start to 'care' about spelling, the more you'll notice errors in spelling and grammar.

Lol Accelent is an actual company.

There isnt much else to say until OP posts again.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X