Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Motion Blur Part of a Logo
    kemingMatters
    Agreed, the best way to do it is to not. There are better ways to create direction instead of using an effect that won't translate across all mediums as a crutch.
    Today, 04:39 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Typographic Experiment for a School Project
    kemingMatters
    I really hate these "typography" pieces, sorry, there's no rhyme or reason to why you treated each word the way you did, none of the treatments augment the message which makes it nothing but...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • skribe
    skribe
    Did you mean to include a picture? But adding effects to a vector logo sounds like a bad practice to me, because it should be reproducible in one solid color. Can you make use of speed lines?
    Today, 04:11 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Logo Critique: Child Welfare Reform and Family Support Association
    kemingMatters
    It took me a second to see that the child isn't in fact upside down, this is definitely a better direction, I think that closing off the top of the child's head might help alleviate that tension. The...
    Today, 03:07 PM
  • KitchWitch
    KitchWitch
    Hi James and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 03:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Awe Inspiring

I saw this today in the Jan/Feb edition of their instore magazine called fresh and post it here for editorial comment...
    Just because it is soooo the future of rebrand design.

Getting closer and closer to that Good Food label.

Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-19-2012, 10:22 PM.

I know what you're saying.

But some people want to create a "cheap" look to appeal to people that aren't that "rich".

There is such a thing as "branding towards your target audience"

Or once again I've missed the point and await embarrassment.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

No point Eug.
      I'm just tired of it.
      But that orange juice, can you even read that?
      The funny thing is, Hannaford isn't cheap and actually caters more to the yuppy crowd. If you want cheap around here you go to a Market Basket. They have Hannaford and Stop & Shop beat on brand items as well as store brand, which aren't as lame looking as this. Close, but not quite.
      And come on, "my essentials"?
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-19-2012, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Ah, now maybe i see your point. Make it look cheap even though it isn't.
        Pretty cagey.

Comment

Most every supermarket chain has an in-house brand that is usually a bit cheaper and that is branded similarly and more generically than the other things on the shelves.

I can see where you're coming from PD, but I don't mind it so much. Supermarket packaging has always been a backwater of graphic design for some unknown reason. I haven't studied it much, but I've often wondered why these different companies don't give their products more shelf appeal. For all I know, though, cluttered, ugly and garish is what sells. At least the generic-looking Hannaford packaging is consistent and simple.

Comment

Looks like it should say "Windows 8" on it.
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

so clean ... so fresh .... so ... so ...... well ... so so

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat View Post
                so clean ... so fresh .... so ... so ...... well ... so so

boring?

Comment

Huh?? ... what??? sorry ... I fell asleep there for a sec...

I'm good now ...

What was the question?

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Generic grocery lines are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they look awful, nobody is going to buy them. But if they look TOO good, the major brand names are not going to be happy. So they have to balance on that line of mediocrity.

Comment

Labels and branding don't really influence my buying habits so I could care less. The lack of proper capitalization offends me personally and professionally. How can we expect kids to use proper grammar and punctuation when it seems all branding nowadays throws the rule book out the window.

Comment

I recently bought a bottle of bodywash purely based on design. I'm a doood and have never bought bodywash let alone walk down that aisle (was with friends).

It's lime and has a great typographic label AND a funky bottle, but not too funky like it's a try hard.

Comment

I picked up and looked at a bottle of hair gel recently just because of the label.
                          It was called Gorilla Snot. The label was pretty funny too.
                          I might have bought it – if I had hair...

Comment

there are things I won't buy because of the label - ie: Celestial Seasonings tea

Comment

Sometimes we notice something in the grocery store b/c of a branding change. But we always just buy whatever we are used to getting. or sale items.
                              Often we will pick up a whole new product, but a rebrand? not so much. We'll just critique it in the store and everyone looks at us like freaks.
                              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X