Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Casseopia
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    Hahahaha - OK I feel better now, thanks.

Yeah - I think I will take the risk on Creative Cloud, based on the overall advice. I'm going to download the free trial and make sure the files work,...
    Today, 07:25 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    kemingMatters
    Just tell them that you'll get to [project they want for free/next to free] when you can afford the time to do it.

It's not saying no, it just saying my time is valuable and finite, so...
    Today, 07:23 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Weight loss service design.
    seamas
    Yeah, it looks more design-y fashion-y, but with kind of a late 70s disco chic thing going on.

I think weight loss branding generally wants something more friendly, honest and not...
    Today, 07:12 PM
  • mikhende
    Reply to Easiest way to block out text from image?
    mikhende
    I am thinking about that, I think the best option is to blank out the last name and house number?
    Today, 07:07 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    <b>
    Your first post said that you wanted a simple, flat design, yet you've created something with a 3D look that's quite complicated.

Cosmo gave you some great advice that I completely agree...
    Today, 06:54 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creativity

How to improve our creativity? i need more tips and suggestions, and also this will help other GD member here... Thanks...

Create.

Comment

^^

Comment

^^^ often.

Comment

Hey, try changing-up your routine a little. Take a different way to work. Eat with the wrong hand(...maybe hold off on knives). DRAW with the wrong hand. Then have a laugh and go back to the other one (>c < )

Comment

I find anything that breaks my routine is a good thing. Your brain and body need a schedule, true. But, schedules are hell on creativity. Anything you can do, as Koobooki has suggested, will force your brain to consider something new. Anything new leads to new thoughts.

One of the things I do is try to drive home in a new direction. It gets hard after awhile, since you go from the same place to the same place. But, you can do it and it forces your mind to think about things differently.

Try new things, new foods, activities. All that will help.
            "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Move.

Comment

If you're stuck on a project and you're not bound by any tight deadlines, the best thing is to walk away for a while. I can't say from much personal "work" experience but I've found this helps with all creative pursuits. I usually move to a completely unrelated project for some time to give my mind a vacation from the first project.

If you stay away long enough, when you come back you'll have a fresh perspective. It's a little like shopping for cologne and whatnot in the department store. You stick your schnoz into the coffee-bean bowl and take a nice big whiff to give the ole factory a nice clean pallette(...olfactory (^c ^ )

Anyway, a good way to see what I'm talking about is to look at some work you finished a long time ago, something you were happy with but have since forgotten. Try to remember your specific evaluations from back then and compare them to what you think of it now. In some cases, it will almost feel like looking at someone else's work. Almost.

PS - I still have a coffee bean lodged in my sinuses. Just kidding (>c < )

Comment

Attack from a different perspective.
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Plan B: give up.

This actually works better than it sounds. Maybe a better spin might be, "Let it go". When we try too hard, it kills the possibility of failure. And risk of failure is where great possibilities lurk.

Think of dating. Nothing is more off-putting than someone trying too hard. And often, nothing is more attractive than indifference.

Relax and go with the flow.

Bring a magazine.

Comment

Gawd, I hate when you bring a magazine. There is only one stall you know....

Comment

They guys take magazines from the lunch room into the bathroom...and bring them back to the dining table afterwards. I try not to think about it when I'm eating my lunch.
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ewwww.
                          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

There are two tips that I could share with you... I've been in that situation one to many times and these two are the most common moves that boosts the right side of my brain
                            1. Do not force it. Whenever I find myself stuck in a project I will just stop and think of something else other than my work. This is almost similar to rebooting my brain. Taking my dog for a walk or a random talk with a neighbor sometimes gives me that eureka moment that takes me back to my work station back with a pinch of inspiration to move on with my project.

2. If the first one fails and all your efforts to divert your attention and find new inspiration does not give you great results...., then think about your bills it sure will fire you much motivation... lol... but seriously, keep in mind that whenever you are forced into doing something, the magic of creativity will never be there. Experience life, get inspiration, meet new people and as others suggested... do things differently.

Comment

I agree!!!

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X