Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• IvanWDesign
    Comment on Your Workflow when creating Ads, Posters, etc...
    IvanWDesign
    Yes the files do get big in Photoshop, but what I mean is that it seems photoshop has more powerful tools to make a piece visually stand out. like the use of textures and masks to add life to a vector...
    Yesterday, 11:52 PM
  • Sketcher
    Comment on Your Workflow when creating Ads, Posters, etc...
    Sketcher
    Anything that has multiple pages like a brochure, I lay out in InDesign. For something that is one page, like a poster, either InDesign or Illustrator would do fine. Though, InDesign has better output...
    Yesterday, 07:53 PM
  • swgj19
    Reply to Feedback on my logo
    swgj19
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. It appears my logo is out of date. Here is the flat design. What should I do with this....
    Yesterday, 07:47 PM
  • designzombie
    Comment on Graphic Designer salary
    designzombie
    I guess I'm too immersed in the lower end of the profession. I think B2B advertisers budget less of their income towards marketing than B2C. Or maybe they have smaller profit margins.

I...
    Yesterday, 06:57 PM
  • GregoryL
    Reply to Feedback on Medical Cannabis Beverage Logo
    GregoryL
    While you may want to continue working towards an idea you feel strongly about, the blue circle logo in the last example you shared works well - I like its simplicity.
    Yesterday, 06:18 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantone Server Hack

I received a letter in the mail yesterday stating that a Pantone server was hacked and my name, address and credit information may have been exposed. Wonderful.

Yet another credit card I have to destroy and replace. Thats the 2nd one in 2 years.

What a pain. I have so many things linked to that number plus I finally memorized it and will have to learn a new one.

Thank you Pantone for your poor protection policy!

That sux, dude! Hopefully it was caught before anything happened with your #'s and info...
    Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
    | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Did you call the credit company directly or the number on the letter in the mail?

When I get stuff like that from my bank, I take it to the bank rather than mail it back to an address I don't recognize.

Not that I'm paranoid or anything...

Comment

That's not paranoia, PD, it's a sensible precaution. And if it is paranoia, according to Slartibartfast in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it's perfectly normal and everyone in the universe has it.

Emucru, sorry to hear about the hack. Hope there's nothing to sort out past the hassle of a new card.

Comment

I would have contacted Pantone directly - not by any contact info within that email.

Emails like that always cause me to be cautious. It could have been a phishing and/or email scam.

Be careful.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Yes. I agree. Caution is important here. Personally, I get one a week from Blizzard (supposedly) telling me that my Wow account has been hacked and I need to log in to fix it...click here!!!!!!!!! Yeah...right!!! I never played Wow. So...Umm....apparently not!!!!

Moral of the story...be careful. You might not have given them anything. But, by clicking on something...you might just give them everything.

Call Pantone and check the validity of the email.
            http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx - That one has a phone number: 1(866)Pantone (7268663)
            "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

wasn't an email, it was a letter.

that's beat, hopefully it's nothing too major.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Email spam gone analogue!

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

It can happen via US mail too.
                  I ordered a magazine directly from a publisher for $36/year. I get a notice in the mail that my subscription is expiring and to renew it will now cost $68/year. I called the magazine publisher up directly and they told me no, the cost is $36/year and to check the mailing address on the expiration notice carefully. Seems the notice was from a magazine broker and somehow got this magazine company's mailing list and were trying to pre-empt clients on the subscriptions. The publisher explained how they were trying to get the Feds to do something about it but weren't having any luck.

Comment

All good points. Yes it was a traditional letter. Typed. Not handwritten.

I'm going to call the credit card company for advice.

Comment

That renewal notice I got was professionally printed and looked just like all the other renewal slips you get out there.

I especially like the one I got last month from the same broker saying my subscription for Popular Mechanic was expiring. Um, ya, I don't have a subscription to Popular Mechanic. My dad did, and for a while it came to my address when I redirected his mail after he died. <cue Twilight Zone music>
                      Note: When redirecting after a death - GET A PO Box! Works wonders.
                      Last edited by PrintDriver; 04-25-2012, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
                        That renewal notice I got was professionally printed and looked just like all the other renewal slips you get out there.
                        Happened to me, too. Broker contacted me by phone, I happened to be distracted, but instead of just hanging up I wound up with three-year extensions of two subscriptions.
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X